Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

7 Year Old Jessica weighs 400 Pounds

Reaction score
No. This girl has a medical problem. She has something wrong with her brain (Can't remember what it's called). Her brain constantly tells the rest of her body that it needs food. She can't help it and neither can her parents. If they stop giving her food her body could shut itself down because it would think it was starving. That's why she's on the Ducking news. She is in a hospital getting treatment.

I agree with you that some people are just obese and should stop eating and control themselves. But, this girl can't help it. I have a close friend who had the same problem and he was admitted to the hospital not too long ago, and he has lost 150 lbs because of the treatment he received there.

I didn't hear any of that in the video. Is there more on this girl? And the disease? I've never heard of it. Would be a curious read.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Becky said:
Who laughed?

And I'm not a doctor so I won't say she doesn't have a disease or what have you. But it seems no matter the case it's always because of some sort of "uncontrolled" outside effect that makes the person fat (or insert whatever). It's always something that can't be fixed by normal means.

Once again, I don't know her situation besides whats on the video, so I really do hope her parents don't feed her McDonalds all day. Some parents DO, and thats sad. And abuse.

There are some things that you can control and others you can not. Her case may be that it can't be controlled by just eating healthy. I don't know. I know that I have epilepsy and although it can be sort of controlled it never truly is. So my hope is she can get better and live through this horrible ordeal. But she will hopefully know how to take care of her body.

Never said you laughed at anything. Remember the video only shows a part of it. Her parents are not responsible for the overweight.

Iron_Maiden said:
No. This girl has a medical problem. She has something wrong with her brain (Can't remember what it's called). Her brain constantly tells the rest of her body that it needs food. She can't help it and neither can her parents. If they stop giving her food her body could shut itself down because it would think it was starving. That's why she's on the Ducking news. She is in a hospital getting treatment.

I agree with you that some people are just obese and should stop eating and control themselves. But, this girl can't help it. I have a close friend who had the same problem and he was admitted to the hospital not too long ago, and he has lost 150 lbs because of the treatment he received there.

Well said.I think that was the disease I was looking for as well. Like I mentioned it is impossible to remove the fat unless they are given proper diet and treatment and it takes months for someone to loose weight.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear any of that in the video. Is there more on this girl? And the disease? I've never heard of it. Would be a curious read.

This was on T.V. about a year ago or close to I believe. Or at least it was something very similar to this. But, the fact remains that this girl cannot control her NEED for food.

Reaction score
Never said you laughed at anything. Remember the video only shows a part of it. Her parents are not responsible for the overweight.

Never said you said I did, but you said someone laughed, or did you mean outside of the forum?

This was on T.V. about a year ago or close to I believe. Or at least it was something very similar to this. But, the fact remains that this girl cannot control her NEED for food.

Ok.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Something similar to this was aired on NBC, A guy weighed about 600-700 pounds (More then that, not sure about the exact figure). He had to go through 6 surgeries, which basically made him even worse. When he was finally taken for medication it was too late. The guy lost hope and died because of the disease.

Becky said:
Never said you said I did, but you said someone laughed, or did you mean outside of the forum?

I never pointed at anyone directly. Just meant it as in someone who looks at the video and then just laughs seeing her not able to walk etc.

Reaction score
I never pointed at anyone directly. Just meant it as in someone who looks at the video and then just laughs seeing her not able to walk etc.

I hear yah, thats why I was going to chastise the person that laughed at her (if there had been one).

Even if I believed it was her fault, or her parents fault, or whatever, its NOT funny.

I'm glad everyone else here thinks this way. Shows we have some nice peeps around these parts.

Reaction score
wow o_O that's scary. Glad I have an uber metabolism (yeah yeah I'll lose it :p lemme brag till my hair falls out (which for me I don't believe will genetically happen, but if I do I'm gonna hurt my mom for it >:O). I've been 145 for some time, but I get sick in the mornings when I eat breakfast before 8 so I guess I bring a banana or something to school. Gotta stay healthy!

Reaction score
wow o_O that's scary. Glad I have an uber metabolism (yeah yeah I'll lose it :p lemme brag till my hair falls out (which for me I don't believe will genetically happen, but if I do I'm gonna hurt my mom for it >:O). I've been 145 for some time, but I get sick in the mornings when I eat breakfast before 8 so I guess I bring a banana or something to school. Gotta stay healthy!

Some people do keep a good metabolism (kind of responding more to my earlier posts than yours here). Luck doesn't hurt, nor does liking to eat mainly healthy things. Vegetables and fruit, you know.. Salad's.. Not so much of the fatty chips and dips and hot dogs. Though I do like my hot dogs and fries!

Also maybe biggest of all: Portions! Some people keep their weight by just eating less of something, not necessarily eating something "healthier".

Master Summoner
Reaction score

prolly something wrong with the hypothalamus?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Holy.. Theres a 8 year old in UK who weighs 15 stone -\
He's going to be taken into care now, because it's abuse or something, i'm not sure.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think she has the disease that is like anorexia but the other way around.

Oh well they put her on a very strict diet, atleast they said.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i just heard about that in the sun, some 9 year old has chocolate every 2 hours, and i mean like 3 family sized bars of galazy for example.

its just getting beyond a joke

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Parents are probably mostly to blame. If they give their kids anything they want and don't think about their eating habits and stuff then what do you expect. Some parents are just totally useless. Whatever is wrong with her, just get something done about it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy Ducking god.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it's all the parents fault, not entirely anyway. I heard about this disease that makes your produce empty fat cells. That plus OCD and bad parenting gives this result. And to be honest I think she will be dead in 2 years if she doesn't get proper treatment.

Reaction score
I believe it's mostly genetics.

I myself eat junk food almost all the time. I know it's unhealthy but it really doesn't affect me.
I eat 2 Mcdonalds cheeseburgers with a small chocolate shake at least twice a week, and a candy bar at least three times a day. I'm actually underweight.

I weigh 130 LBS (59 KG, 9.3 Stone), and I'm 1.74 Meters tall (5"8).
My parents and friends all tell me I'm way too skinny and no matter how fattening the food I eat is, I'll always stay this way.

Back