Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need your advice/opinion on something

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So first I'll start by saying why my mother and I lost contact over a year ago and don't talk anymore.

A few years ago she handled the social security money that I got, but didn't give it all to me, and would keep some and buy weed with it.

She has also left out of the blue twice and went to another state, once when I was younger and again a couple years ago.

My father hates her. He just despises her and so that's where the main question I have comes in because I don't want him to get upset or anything at me for doing so - but should I forgive her and make contact again?

I just can't help but think, I mean she is my mother after all and I wouldn't be alive without her, and also even if she doesn't love me (I think she does but unsure) I should still love her.

What do you think?

Reaction score
Jfa <3

Has she tried to contact you since you last spoke a year ago? If not, I don't think she cares about losing you sorry to say.

If she has, see what she has to say for herself.

About your dad, his feelings towards her are his own just like your's. It's your decision if you want to make contact with her again and he should respect that, although he might throw in his two cents about the situation.

Wishing you the best as always.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Tricky situation you got there.

I assume that your father has always been there for you, so you should definitely talk to him about reconnecting with your mother.

Your father might feel betrayed if you do anything without telling him or at least consulting him about it.

Nevertheless, and in the end, it's your sole decision to forgive her and to make amends.

I wish you the best.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice and opinions, I messaged and added her on Facebook and told her we can forget about the past. She said I made her day :D:

Back