Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

For the past few weeks, I've been searching all about these Gaming Chairs, which a lot of streamers and gamers uses. Looking at the chair, they don't seem to look as comfortable as it looks like, mainly because of the height of the chair and how the support could be very slippery especially on marbled concretes and polished wooden floors.

Although, watching a bunch of reviews from it in Youtube, people were recommending the chair because of how comfortable it is and a better investment if you are gamer or generally a person who works at your computer for long hours.

For you guys who owns this or has tried them, what are your opinions of the chair? Could I alternatively just save myself just from looking for a better office chairs or is this better? I tried one though, but it was a Chinese brand chair, which had a very thick foam, I didn't like it.

Right now the brands that I've been setting my sights on are DX RACER and Need for Seat.

Please share your opinions!

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    IrelandLocation
    5,148Posts

Re: Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

Skip gaming chairs and just buy a Herman Miller chair. I personally use a computer a lot of hours a day and this is the best chair I ever owned.
    Last edited by cypher; 1 Week Ago at 10:12 PM.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2014 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    456Posts

More comfort i guess, and it feels more professional

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    Skip gaming chairs and just buy a Herman Miller chair. I personally use a computer a lot of hours a day and I this is the best chair I ever owned.
    Does it symmetrically adjust to the users back or slouching?

I personally in the longer periods sometimes get my body slouched half way through a chair, it would be great to have a chair that could be flipped though.

MemberRank
    Mar 2018 Join Date
    39Posts

Honestly... you need a good chair but not a must for "Gaming" chair...
    At the end of the day its all about how you sit and your posture..
    I have a gaming room for my self and have a gaming chair cause im a game tester and game devloper. So this my work and wanna be happy with my enviroment. So ya it does help my sitting and relaxing.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    IrelandLocation
    5,148Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    Does it symmetrically adjust to the users back or slouching?

I personally in the longer periods sometimes get my body slouched half way through a chair, it would be great to have a chair that could be flipped though.
    In that case I wouldn't recommend it. The Aeron chair can definitely adjust a bit but it does apply some pressure on your back when you do and it would feel uncomfortable.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    In that case I wouldn't recommend it. The Aeron chair can definitely adjust a bit but it does apply some pressure on your back when you do and it would feel uncomfortable.
    Although considering these chair brands, it is a great alternative and a cheaper one than a gaming chair.

And the thing about Gaming chairs is that, if you're driving cars most of the time each day, it is easier to adjust with these type of chairs.

Though they're really pricey and locally, we don't have the USA brands, most of them are chinese brands which I'm not exactly sure but the foams are really sturdy.

MemberRank
    Jan 2006 Join Date
    89Posts

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    Viva HollandiaLocation
    1,558Posts

I think they just use it because it looks cool. I personally use an executive office chair, because they give a lot of back support. Probably best for you to go to a store that sells all kinds of office chairs/gaming chairs and just try out a couple. It's all a matter of personal preference after all, you need a chair that is able to support YOUR back.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,198Posts

Herman Miller chairs are awesome. I want one in my office but I yet have to convince my boss.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Herman Miller chairs are awesome. I want one in my office but I yet have to convince my boss.
    Although I'm part owner of a business, but it took hell of a time convincing my partner and accountant to justify my office stationeries costing

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,198Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    Although I'm part owner of a business, but it took hell of a time convincing my partner and accountant to justify my office stationeries costing
    Any tips for convincing my boss? They are looking into new chairs for the whole office and the ones they got to test are plain shit.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Any tips for convincing my boss? They are looking into new chairs for the whole office and the ones they got to test are plain shit.
    The only time I requested for a new chair from a boss, was way back when I used to do college internship.

Although it was a valid request, since the chair that I was using didn't elevate anymore, so I had to uncomfortably use a Computer in a very inconvenient position. I basically just told my boss that my chair si very uncomfortable and I can't work properly.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    IrelandLocation
    5,148Posts

I got mine by saying that it motivates me to come in the office and keeping the old chair demotivates me whenever I get in the office.

MemberRank
    Jun 2015 Join Date
    3Posts

Personally, I have purchased 3 medium-priced chairs over the years and they've never met my expectations. Just recently I have got the DXRacer. It is much more comfortable to sit in for extended times and helps a lot with my posture. If you are leaning towards a DXracer than you might want to check out this dxracer buying guide
    Last edited by jesssmart; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement