Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
For the past few weeks, I've been searching all about these Gaming Chairs, which a lot of streamers and gamers uses. Looking at the chair, they don't seem to look as comfortable as it looks like, mainly because of the height of the chair and how the support could be very slippery especially on marbled concretes and polished wooden floors.

Although, watching a bunch of reviews from it in Youtube, people were recommending the chair because of how comfortable it is and a better investment if you are gamer or generally a person who works at your computer for long hours.

For you guys who owns this or has tried them, what are your opinions of the chair? Could I alternatively just save myself just from looking for a better office chairs or is this better? I tried one though, but it was a Chinese brand chair, which had a very thick foam, I didn't like it.

Right now the brands that I've been setting my sights on are DX RACER and Need for Seat.

Please share your opinions! :sleep:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Skip gaming chairs and just buy a Herman Miller chair. I personally use a computer a lot of hours a day and this is the best chair I ever owned.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
More comfort i guess, and it feels more professional :cool:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Skip gaming chairs and just buy a Herman Miller chair. I personally use a computer a lot of hours a day and I this is the best chair I ever owned.

Does it symmetrically adjust to the users back or slouching?

I personally in the longer periods sometimes get my body slouched half way through a chair, it would be great to have a chair that could be flipped though.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly... you need a good chair but not a must for "Gaming" chair...
At the end of the day its all about how you sit and your posture..
I have a gaming room for my self and have a gaming chair cause im a game tester and game devloper. So this my work and wanna be happy with my enviroment. So ya it does help my sitting and relaxing.

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Does it symmetrically adjust to the users back or slouching?

I personally in the longer periods sometimes get my body slouched half way through a chair, it would be great to have a chair that could be flipped though.

In that case I wouldn't recommend it. The Aeron chair can definitely adjust a bit but it does apply some pressure on your back when you do and it would feel uncomfortable.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
In that case I wouldn't recommend it. The Aeron chair can definitely adjust a bit but it does apply some pressure on your back when you do and it would feel uncomfortable.

Although considering these chair brands, it is a great alternative and a cheaper one than a gaming chair.

And the thing about Gaming chairs is that, if you're driving cars most of the time each day, it is easier to adjust with these type of chairs.

Though they're really pricey and locally, we don't have the USA brands, most of them are chinese brands which I'm not exactly sure but the foams are really sturdy.

Reaction score
I think they just use it because it looks cool. I personally use an executive office chair, because they give a lot of back support. Probably best for you to go to a store that sells all kinds of office chairs/gaming chairs and just try out a couple. It's all a matter of personal preference after all, you need a chair that is able to support YOUR back.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Any tips for convincing my boss? They are looking into new chairs for the whole office and the ones they got to test are plain poop.

The only time I requested for a new chair from a boss, was way back when I used to do college internship.

Although it was a valid request, since the chair that I was using didn't elevate anymore, so I had to uncomfortably use a Computer in a very inconvenient position. I basically just told my boss that my chair si very uncomfortable and I can't work properly.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I have purchased 3 medium-priced chairs over the years and they've never met my expectations. Just recently I have got the DXRacer. It is much more comfortable to sit in for extended times and helps a lot with my posture. If you are leaning towards a DXracer than you might want to check out this dxracer buying

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Personally, I have purchased 3 medium-priced chairs over the years and they've never met my expectations. Just recently I have got the DXRacer. It is much more comfortable to sit in for extended times and helps a lot with my posture. If you are leaning towards a DXracer than you might want to check out this dxracer buying

I'm eyeing on getting a local product available from locals store which is Dragonwar. And it is actually much cheaper than DXRacer and it has a pretty okay review for a chinese product.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I had a customized chair created for me and it was because all other chairs were ruining my posture and I was having terrible back pain from it all (approx price range of those chairs were $300 range). I've owned my chair for 3 years now and no pain at all since. The name of it is by officemaster but I got it through ergo direct if memory serves. After customizing the chair for my weight range, height, and also how I sit on average in my chair, I think it was around approx $1100. The series is OM5.

Previous chairs I purchased were real leather with a few faux leather ones. They would only last about a year other than my first leather one which lasted about 8 years; however, at that time it wasn't mine so I couldn't take it with me. OM5 series which I stated previously, is a really good chair and I would say is on par with Herman Miller/Aeron, easily. I also chose to have antimicrobial material to be used in the seat since it is often hard to clean a chair without using some form of steam cleaning hardware. It also has a "butt" mold/groove based on how one usually sits. I really like it. I've written many papers while sitting in it and gamed a ton in it also. Would I purchase it all over again because of its comfort? I would, though products like MWE LAB Emperor XT Gaming Stuhl and Herman Miller Embody is more aesthetically pleasing to me...

I did a lot of research on gaming chairs like DXracer etc.. and it appears that the best way to determine if it is worth it would be to actually try it out in person before purchase because it isn't for everyone -- many ended up returning theirs due to it being uncomfortable after 48 hours of use. Also, each series of DXracer is based on weight and size of your frame (your actual body). I've personally sat in my OM5 for 24 hours without getting up (college term papers and such) without feeling any pain. Also, it has a lifetime warranty (not a limited lifetime) on every piece of the chair, should it wear out. :)

Now, are gaming chairs worth it? Not unless you're wanting to buy into the hype train and wish to have your brand woven into the chair in some way. I say this because there are better chairs out there if you're looking for comfort. Some people even opt out of buying a gaming/office/computer chair and end up buying a media center chair or a recliner though so it all depends on how you are planning to use it, how your desk is set up, and how you sit in the chair.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Waste of money tbh... Better off buying a decent chair to sit in.

Back