Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Re: Why should I buy a Gaming Chair?

Quote Originally Posted by jesssmart View Post
    Personally, I have purchased 3 medium-priced chairs over the years and they've never met my expectations. Just recently I have got the DXRacer. It is much more comfortable to sit in for extended times and helps a lot with my posture. If you are leaning towards a DXracer than you might want to check out this dxracer buying guide
    I'm eyeing on getting a local product available from locals store which is Dragonwar. And it is actually much cheaper than DXRacer and it has a pretty okay review for a chinese product.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2003 Join Date
    968Posts

Agree with Cypher a Herman Miller chair is definitely worth better than a gaming chair

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    5Posts

I had a customized chair created for me and it was because all other chairs were ruining my posture and I was having terrible back pain from it all (approx price range of those chairs were $300 range). I've owned my chair for 3 years now and no pain at all since. The name of it is by officemaster but I got it through ergo direct if memory serves. After customizing the chair for my weight range, height, and also how I sit on average in my chair, I think it was around approx $1100. The series is OM5.

Previous chairs I purchased were real leather with a few faux leather ones. They would only last about a year other than my first leather one which lasted about 8 years; however, at that time it wasn't mine so I couldn't take it with me. OM5 series which I stated previously, is a really good chair and I would say is on par with Herman Miller/Aeron, easily. I also chose to have antimicrobial material to be used in the seat since it is often hard to clean a chair without using some form of steam cleaning hardware. It also has a "butt" mold/groove based on how one usually sits. I really like it. I've written many papers while sitting in it and gamed a ton in it also. Would I purchase it all over again because of its comfort? I would, though products like MWE LAB Emperor XT Gaming Stuhl and Herman Miller Embody is more aesthetically pleasing to me...

I did a lot of research on gaming chairs like DXracer etc.. and it appears that the best way to determine if it is worth it would be to actually try it out in person before purchase because it isn't for everyone -- many ended up returning theirs due to it being uncomfortable after 48 hours of use. Also, each series of DXracer is based on weight and size of your frame (your actual body). I've personally sat in my OM5 for 24 hours without getting up (college term papers and such) without feeling any pain. Also, it has a lifetime warranty (not a limited lifetime) on every piece of the chair, should it wear out. :)

Now, are gaming chairs worth it? Not unless you're wanting to buy into the hype train and wish to have your brand woven into the chair in some way. I say this because there are better chairs out there if you're looking for comfort. Some people even opt out of buying a gaming/office/computer chair and end up buying a media center chair or a recliner though so it all depends on how you are planning to use it, how your desk is set up, and how you sit in the chair.
    Last edited by Otakuishi; 1 Week Ago at 04:35 AM.

SubscriberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    12Posts

Waste of money tbh... Better off buying a decent chair to sit in.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,043Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectR8 View Post
    Waste of money tbh... Better off buying a decent chair to sit in.
    Easy for you to say, I've been through a lot of office supplies centre and by far, I was even shocked how I saw a office chair modeled the same way as the Gaming Chairs. And the seller was even recommending it to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement