Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Canary Islands - Underwater erruption

Reaction score
Daily Mirror said:
TIRED of Tenerife and fed up with Fuerteventura? Then pack your bags for a trip to the most unspoiled – and hottest – of all the Canary islands.
A new isle is forming off the coast of El Hierro as an underwater volcano spews magma 20 metres into the air.
The village of La Restinga was evacuated last week as the volcano is now only 70 metres from the surface and is blasting out rocks.

Ships have been banned from going near the boiling sea – and there is a strong sulphurous smell from poisonous gasses.
Locals are already trying to think of a name for the island but if it continues to erupt it could eventually join up with El Hierro.
No doubt easyJet and Ryanair are already planning to bid for potential landing slots – just don’t forget to pack your gas mask.

El Jamie - Canary Islands - Underwater erruption - RaGEZONE Forums

I've visited Canary Islands before and I would of never expected that there was an underwater volcano there and for me that's unexpected.

Source:

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We've got hardly any underwater volcanoes over here. They are generally in the hot islands (Hawaii, etc).

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha cool, Going to Lanzarote in May, Always liked the Canary islands, Its pretty interesting to see that new islands are being formed there every few hundred years, I bet that island won't be populated for another 100 - 200 years though lol. Maybe never.

Back