Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Don't have anywhere else to ask.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Soooo what's up Rz, first thread I've made (on this account) in a while, and like I said in the title, I don't have anywhere else to ask for advice/opinions so I figured I would ask here.

Anyways let's get to the point.

Ever since I was a little kid, as long as I can remember, music has been a huge passion and part of my life. I used to play guitar, as-well as write lyrics to instrumentals, and most of my family loves and/or plays music, so you could say it runs in my blood.

But a few years ago I started getting into studying stuff about cosmology/astronomy, physics and the likes, and now I spend most of my time reading articles and information about the aforementioned subjects - and spend very little time working on my music.

So that's where my need of advice/opinions comes in. I know, it is ultimately up to me to decide, as it is my future as-well as interests at hand, and I know myself better than anyone. But I can't decide whether I should dedicate my time and effort into pursuing a career in music, or in the physics/astronomy field.

I'm at a loss because I have such a grand passion for both subjects, but I'm not sure which would yield a more sufficient and satisfactory result.

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Uh...

If there's anything I've learned in working professionally in areas that were hobbies... Don't. Once you make a hobby a profession, you take a lot of the joy out of it. I did this with mechanics. Fortunately I realized this and have moved more into IT, and mechanics has again become a fun hobby for me (when my back decides to be nice)

Staff member
Reaction score
I absolutely loved doing coding in the beginning so I made this into a 7 year hobby which evolved into a career option for me, therefore I thought it was great idea too give it a try and eventually it killed my interests so what I did was keep it as a hobby and nothing so I chose acting as my profession yet I still enjoy it, haha. It depends what you feel like you have a true rythm and determination for, Ask yourself this; what do you love doing yet want to become? is there anything you wanted to become or an inspiration?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Uh...

If there's anything I've learned in working professionally in areas that were hobbies... Don't. Once you make a hobby a profession, you take a lot of the joy out of it. I did this with mechanics. Fortunately I realized this and have moved more into IT, and mechanics has again become a fun hobby for me (when my back decides to be nice)

Why do you say that though? I feel like if it's something you love doing, you will enjoy it whether it's just a hobby or a profession. But I kinda get what you're saying.

I absolutely loved doing coding in the beginning so I made this into a 7 year hobby which evolved into a career option for me, therefore I thought it was great idea too give it a try and eventually it killed my interests so what I did was keep it as a hobby and nothing so I chose acting as my profession yet I still enjoy it, haha. It depends what you feel like you have a true rythm and determination for, Ask yourself this; what do you love doing yet want to become? is there anything you wanted to become or an inspiration?

I see what you mean too. As for what I have a rhythm for, I'd say the science field would be the more accurate choice there. (And realistic) Sure I do enjoy writing music to a certain extent, but a lot of the time I get frustrated and discouraged when I can't think of what to write - whereas with studying and reading articles, I can do that all day without getting discouraged or frustrated.

Back