Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    11Posts

Re: What do dreams mean to you?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I had a dream the other day that my gf was making out with another dude and then left me on the spot. If dreams mean anything then I'm gonna be fuckin pissed.
    it might just mean that you are worried about the relationship or something

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

In my limited experience, dreams are simply one's mind, dealing with and processing the recent events of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

It's nothing sacred or sublime. Just Google "sleep subconscious". When we sleep, our brain takes over. Our Brain has to process the events and effects of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a very basic system of processing that which has happened recently.
    Last edited by Kreeate; 25-07-17 at 08:17 PM.
    IXXI

GammaRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    Boob Island, BILocation
    3,118Posts

To me a dream is a dream, just our brains working hard while we are still asleep.

Remember that the brain processes millions of pieces of information each day and is working 24 hours 7 days a week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skype - el_jamie

LegendRank
    Dec 2005 Join Date
    SouthYorkshireLocation
    3,622Posts

I believe most dreams we have, genuinely have real meaning. As when you sleep your subconscience is exposed so its given free roam of thought, however depending on your current state of mind it's very likely your subconscience will play on your insecurities.

My partner has a job interview on Monday, and she's pretty worried about it. Last night she dreamt about her job interview. She arrived in the building where it's held, and was asked to wait on the top floor, but it ended up with her scalling a never ending stair case. Personally I think that's her subconscience playing with her insecurities telling her she's chasing something unobtainable.

But of course you can have dreams which also make no sense at all, so it's swings and roundabouts really.
    Raff - Signing out.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    840Posts

Nothing.

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamgurb View Post
    Nothing.
    Wow, masterfully explained like a boss.
    Give us (me to be honest) some insight as to why your perception of dreams is 'nothing' please? Just out of pure curiosity.
    Last edited by Kreeate; 02-08-17 at 06:50 PM.
    IXXI

True MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    218Posts

My ex-girlfriend dreamed everytime that I was cheating her with some other girl. I don't know why she dreamed that.

I remember she even started to be mad at me because she thought that those dreams were a signal lol.

Of course it wasn't true.

On the other hand, in my country they say if you dream about lossing your teeth, it means that someone will die soon.

If you dream about snakes, it means that someone is talking shit about you. I've never believe in that, but there have been cases.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,840Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTarky View Post
    On the other hand, in my country they say if you dream about lossing your teeth, it means that someone will die soon.

If you dream about snakes, it means that someone is talking shit about you. I've never believe in that, but there have been cases.
    Sounds like misinterpreting coincidence to me. Basically superstition. Happy you take distance from that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    497Posts

I think that sometimes dreams can be an escape from reality sometimes for when it's needed yet they don't last for long till the sunset hit's morning. It's something that is fascinatingly created by one's figure self conscious but why do we do it? I would have to say freedom for an answer.
    The pressure of human nature does not equal the presence of human persistence.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    840Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    Wow, masterfully explained like a boss.
    Give us (me to be honest) some insight as to why your perception of dreams is 'nothing' please? Just out of pure curiosity.

What I think dreams are and what they mean to me are two different things.

The question on the topic is "What do dreams mean to you?" not "What do you think a dream is?". A lot of people here are answering "What do you think a dream is?" so I'm just going to answer both for you to make it a little more clear.

I think a dream is just something our mind does once we fall asleep and whatever happens in a dream means nothing to me because I see it just as something our mind does while we sleep with no other connections to anything else.

ModeratorRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    3,007Posts

I honestly don't care if they have any meaning...
    Last night i dreamt about my dog (schnauzer mini) who had very long claws. We went for a walk, he broke one of them and started yelling at me (human voice) "How do I look like right now?!"
    WTF?!

People use to say that dreams have meaning, but I don't believe in religions, horoscopes and dreams.
    For me they are just some remains of what we experienced.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Nietzsche

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Dreams mean nothing to me. As for what they are, I think it's the brain creating imaginary scenarios from known stimuli when there's nothing else going on, but it's still wanting to process something.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,188Posts

Dreams?

Dreams are meant to never come true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement