Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EAS (Emergency Alert System) Phobia T.T

Reaction score
OkAy since i move here in US (im from philippines), everything is new to me and okay lets skip to that xD

i usually stay up late while doing work / documenting etc... at the same time watching tv xD and put up teh volume a little bit cuz i have a problem with hearing. so while enjoying my fav. favorite series, and... this EAS test message(just like the video below but uhh i dont watch sesame street xD):

appeared suddenly xD that i almost had a heart attack xD(due to its EERRIEEEE sound!..WEIrd grayish background, and WHO KNOWS sadako from the ring might appear xD). i NEVER gotten used to it though it only happens ones or twice a month... but still gives me the chills xC.

anyone have teh same experience like being scared if this EAS msg appears suddenly xD. though i know this test are done and this is important for peoples awareness about whats happening in their area.. but i cant still deny it that it is really scary. that it became one of mah phobia xD xC

sry 4 bad english xD

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't have a phobia of this but I do have a phobia of spiders.. Little shits.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah that poop is actually pretty creepy. Happened to me when I was 5 and sneaking out of bed to watch tv when I was supposed to be asleep. That sound scared the crap out of me at the time and I didn't sneak out of bed for a while. Now it's just more of an annoyance.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol I hate when you fall asleep with the TV on and in the middle of the night it goes off, scares the poop out of me

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes that would be pretty scary...no warning whatsoever, at least put some annotations saying: a EAS would be tested in the next X minutes.
I would be scared if I was little since I wouldn't have understanded a thing it said

Reaction score
They had the coordinated alert system test yesterday. People freaked out even though they were told for a week beforehand that it was a test and to not call 911. Americans are idiots though and the 911 lines were backed up for 20 minutes after the test took place.

sigh.

Reaction score
I haven't seen one of those in over 10 years. No idea they still tested those. Can't be monthly unless it's not every channel.
Each channel is required by law to perform regular emergency alert system tests. They don't all happen at the same time and they usually do them late at night to not freak anyone out and to not interrupt regular programming.

Goin Goin Gone!
Reaction score
I live in Virginia, and I have thoughs like 3 times a month, its only tests.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My EAS is just some scrolling text at the top of screen with that buzzer sound, no gray.

Also, when your announcer said "this is a test", i immediately thought of portal :lol:

Reaction score
Yes that would be pretty scary...no warning whatsoever, at least put some annotations saying: a EAS would be tested in the next X minutes.
I would be scared if I was little since I wouldn't have understanded a thing it said

agree... xD though in my area the test is always or sometimes at teh first week of each month, it never ceases to scare me xC.
:scared:

Back