Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EU Referendum - Now LIVE

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
At the time of me making this thread, the votes for leave and remain are currently being counted. More information can be found on the link below.

Leave is edging ahead more and more as the tallying progresses (51.3% as I type this). Looks like the UK is gonna finally have the independence it oh so desired, unless a rush of remain votes come flooding in at the last minute. Scotland has a much larger remain total than I would've expected.

Since this is on the topic of politics I feel that this should be in debate but I'll leave that for the Outerworld mods to decide.

Discuss.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not a political expert or what so ever, but I personally do not see any important benefits from exiting the EU. Especially because I expect the country to get some economical issues. The currency will be worth a lot less. The same discussion has been going on in the Netherlands (I'm actually getting worried we'll might have a "Nexit" or a "Nethermind" since people have been screaming this in the Netherlands as well).

Again I'm not an expert and I might be completely incorrect, but I think Britain and the Netherlands (if we leave the EU) will face an economic difficult time. I'm pretty sure export products will become way too expensive for other countries if the Netherlands leaves the EU.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The pound is 30 years low and stocks are falling left and right.
and it looks like there is a chance for another Scottish referendum
I don't really understand the reason for the leave vote but ,the fallout is certainly huge.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Found this image on the net:
LRGyDUb - EU Referendum -  Now LIVE - RaGEZONE Forums

p/s: Another referendum to make Scotland independent from the UK?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I would like to admit my two piece on this whole referendum.

As a lot of my old, old, friends on here would know, I come from Liverpool -- have lived in Liverpool my whole life besides moving to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for a few months -- but Liverpool is where I was born and is where one wishes to remain. That being said, the European Union is ever so close to my heart. It was the building foundation for the whole of Northern England, it set a benchmark for the future generation and brought our economy from nothing to being the 5th (now 6th, thanks to the referendum result) richest country in the world.

You may ask: What does Liverpool have to do with any of this?

Liverpool is a city with a troubled past. After the World War Blitz of 1940-41, the city struggled to rebuild itself and within the 80s a vast majority of people were borderline poverty.. the city was a dump ground, nothing but factories all around to try and sustain jobs and give the people a salary, our once prolific landmarks were dirty, unkempt and truly an eye sore to look at. Click link to show photographs of exactly what I am on about. Thanks to the European Union, we became the Capital of Culture in 2008 -- thanks to this, we had a massive influx of money from both tourism and the EU itself in which we upgraded our infrastructure, built buildings that added to our then ever-growing skyline. It helped the city a lot.

Without the European Union, we would be nowhere whatsoever.

And why did people to vote to leave?? The one reason.. Immigration. Will leaving the European Union solve immigration problems? No! Illegal immigrants aren't going to stop coming over using any way possible just because we left the EU. It was illegal in the EU, and it is illegal now. This has solved no problems.

A look at the voting figures shows that 70-90% of 18-25 year olds vote to REMAIN in the EU. It's the same with those in their 30's and 40's, with remain being most popular.. but would you look at that?! Those over 65 voted to LEAVE the UK. These are the same elderly that have a chip on their shoulder when a Polish family moves next door. The same people that complain when their plumber is Albanian. The same people that wish to retire and move to a different country themselves. This is selfish. I conclude that these elderly wont be able to see the effects of the brexit, they will probably die well before then. Instead, leave all the problems to the younger generation to deal with.. after all, living through a World War and having foreign neighbours gives you the damn right to leave the problems to the younger generation, right! Yaaay, go bigots!

It's already brought nothing but problems, in fact in the last few hours EU have said Britain must leave as soon as possible.

With regards to your investing situation ihatehaxor don't worry. Whatever you do, do not sell it on. See it as stocks being on sale, rather than you losing out on money. If anything buy more, it's only a matter of time before you can sell them for massive profit. Same thing happened with the recession, people panicked, sold all their stocks and missed out on big time profit.

Reaction score
According to BBC news the UK is still part of the EU (which we're aware of) and 'will probably' still be part of the EU for several years.

Wow.

Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty has not been triggered, even after triggering it there's a two-year time frame. The shitstorm caused by this clusterfuck, on the other hand, is picking up its intensity.

Back