Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Exploring Camelot - The Abandoned Theme Park

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So after hearing that Camelot was going to be demolished to make way for houses, I decided to go one last time today and boy has it changed recently. Most of the place has been stripped down except for the actual structures and the roller coaster was fenced off to prevent anyone getting close to it. After 4 years of being abandoned (2012), It's finally getting torn down.

Since it was a Saturday, no workers were there. The same can't be said for security however. The site was littered with them which limited us to where we could go. I counted 4 cars on the site. They seemed to take a liking to two areas of the theme park which were the castle (main entrance) and the roller coaster for obvious reasons. Despite the amount of security there, we didn't get noticed and managed to get a few pictures. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take my camera so I used my phone.

We met a few lads who were recording a video with a Go-Pro. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people making videos there though. I've encountered other urban explorers there before and even had a chat with them. It's kind of a good topic to talk about since we're all there for the same thing.

I did a lot of research on this place and know a good amount of history about it. A lot of people in the villages nearby have put posters up in their gardens to protest the demolition of Camelot but the company who bought the land are still doing work to it regardless.

Anyway, here's some photos from today. It even started snowing randomly.
Unphased - Exploring Camelot - The Abandoned Theme Park - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can tell by the last photo, everything has been stripped inside and is nothing more than a structure. They weren't empty the last time I visited this place.

Thought someone might find this interesting and I love doing this stuff as a hobby. Anyone else on here love checking this kind of stuff out?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I like abandoned places. I don't know why. Preferably the more years that has passed the better. I think it is just interesting to me how the nature reclaims things we don't take care of. It is also interesting to see the progress in their removal of things, and what they choose to remove. You would think they would just take down the roller coaster first as to not have to put a fence around it and hire guards.

Where is this? I'd love to do this but I'd be afraid of getting charged for trespassing.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I like abandoned places. I don't know why. Preferably the more years that has passed the better. I think it is just interesting to me how the nature reclaims things we don't take care of. It is also interesting to see the progress in their removal of things, and what they choose to remove. You would think they would just take down the roller coaster first as to not have to put a fence around it and hire guards.

Where is this? I'd love to do this but I'd be afraid of getting charged for trespassing.

I thought you'd like this Madi. This isn't too far from where I live in Chorley, England. You don't find many abandoned theme parks in the UK so I find this particular place special. It saddens me that it's getting torn down.

As for trespassing, it isn't an arrestable offence over here :)

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love abandoned buildings, look up Kings Park Psychiatric Center, in Long Island, New York... Live a few towns away there is multiple 13 story buildings that were build in the early 1800's and was shut down in 1996! There is over 12 buildings still standing, but there was over 100 on the land at one point... It was a self sufficient community, no need to leave once a patient was signed in, had their own hospital and fire department!

Building 93, my favorite Ive seen ever floor still has beds and equipment in side! This is where the patient lived!

Building 7, the medical facility

The morgue in building 7

Madison Unphased

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, great pics!

I love stuff like this too, always a little eerie to see human made environments devoid of humans.

Considering I went to this theme park twice as a kid makes it all the crazier.

I'm going to Denbigh Asylum in Wales soon. This time though I'll take the camera to get some quality shots. I'll be making a thread on that too. The place is huge!

Back