Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Facebook really?

Reaction score
404 - Facebook really? - RaGEZONE Forums

I was looking for a way to hide list of my friends (as a privacy precaution) but I couldn't even find a way. There are 4 settings about profile privacy? What the duck? I mean, I was shocked when I heard that they are selling people's profiles, but now I saw that they dont even have a page for people profile's protection, that made me start consideration of quitting.

I still can't believe facebook went to poop..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's been like this from the start, actually it used to be worse

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm bored so I'm reading through the Privacy Terms and Terms of Service.

I honestly haven't found anything that gives them the right to save all of our information and data for later use. Still reading though.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On the left side of your profile you have like a blue pen, click on it then it will lead you to a page where you can modify your profile, that tab would be friends and family.

And you can hide each one of them, for example, on the family category, on the top right of it you have an arrow with a silhouette of a little guy, just click on it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Alright. I'm convinced;

Facebook Terms of Service said:
2. Sharing Your Content and Information

1 You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

2 When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).

3. When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, read our Privacy Policy and Platform Page.)

4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).

5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

Reaction score
they always duck up the privacy/settings/layout/chat blah blah blah. its getting confusing and i wonder what will be the next of their so called "IMPROVEMENT".

and the effin TICKER thing is the most.. worst update for me evah.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you really know how to use Facebook, you can hide pretty much anything you want, I personally hide friends and family. I regularly check last IP addresses and things.

That's the thing about Facebook, security is fine, you just need to know how to use it, which Facebook does not help you that much.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i wanted facebook to go down on the 5th, because then it gives me an excuse not to go on it. and no one would ask questions

Reaction score
Actually, if you really know how to use Facebook, you can hide pretty much anything you want, I personally hide friends and family. I regularly check last IP addresses and things.

That's the thing about Facebook, security is fine, you just need to know how to use it, which Facebook does not help you that much.

indeed, though my old folks are having a hard time bout this effin changes ^__^

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The new facebook privacy system really sucks...A few months ago, the privacy system enabled users to use the privacy settings manually e.g. who can read your wall posts? who can see your wall posts on other's wall? etc.
as Error404 stated.... I did prefer to old system where you can manually change and individually change each setting, there was still the default system of friends of friends OR friends only....but the custom system was different..

Now the custom system generalises all privacy settings, this, therefore is not as 'private' as it use to be...I hate new changes -_-
I wish they brought this back as well as the 'Become a Fan' button too!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really don't understand Facebook anymore.
In their privacy they assure you that none of your personal information will be shared with anyone, however, they now share your personal information with the Police.

Of course, that is a great idea and i'm sure that they have caught a lot of 'criminals' but they need to include it in their privacy section!

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Facebook has a feature where they show you how your friends or the public sees your profile, that's pretty smart really, I used to login in another side account to ensure how my profile privacy looked like.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do the same thing Rebora.

@Gene, if you still haven't figured it out, here:
QV6a6 - Facebook really? - RaGEZONE Forums

3Dbum - Facebook really? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reactions: 404
Back