Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Florence Welch visits Hospice Austin's Christopher House

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this with you all; didn't want to put it in the entertainment section because it's dead as duck and I wanted people to actually see this, besides, it deserves to be here.

Little story behind this, a 15-year-old girl called Karinya was supposed to go to a Florence + the Machine concert the other day, she'd been waiting for months and months but in the last few weeks her health had declined and when she asked if she could still go on the day of the concert she got told she wasn't able to.. her health was too bad she wasn't able to leave the hospital.

As her mother and the staff of the hospice knew how much this meant to her, they managed to come together and actually contact Florence.

This was actually quoted by one of the members of staff in the hospice, "We didn't know if she would turn up. Karinya's mother kept going out of the room to check if she had turned up and when she finally saw her she burst into tears and gave her a massive hug"

The first, which is the full video taken directly from her mother's youtube channel, 'Shake it out'

The second was a little shorter but I find this one the most powerful, I love Florence myself and the words to this song made me quite emotional considering the situation this girl is in. Plus, she looked SO happy.

and finally, this was posted today, taken directly from a news channel that went to the Hospice room to see Karinya

The reason she is in a hospice is because she has paraganglioma which is a rare neuroendocrine cancer.

I just wish the best for this girl and everything she is going through, as she says in her video nobody knows when its your last day!

Just thought I'd share anyway, not been around much but might as well post something amazing while I'm here.

<3333

Back