Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Florida accident with no insurance?!

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is what I typed yahoo answer site thingy. If anyone can help me out on what I should do or what will happen to me I'd be thankful.

just got into a accident in FL. It was not my fault and I was the one hit (I was going maybe 5mph at most and she was going like 25-30). We switched info and all. I get home told my dad and showed all the paper work then found out that the insurance card I have was canceled and they didn't put me on the new one.

All that happened to her car was scratches on the side (like 4 small ones) but my car is now missing a head light.
The police wouldn't come out unless someone was hurt. But no one was hurt. Here is a bad mouse drawing of what happened.

cameronmd - Florida accident with no insurance?! - RaGEZONE Forums

Everyone was trying to get into a school so I was going to go out and back up to get out of the place (was waiting for over 5mins). So I look around see no one then when I start to turn out the lady comes by and hits my left head light.

Whats going to happen? I'm shipping out for boot camp (army) on the 20th, will this effect me? I've never had any problem in the law or driving this is my first.

Thanks for anyone that can shed some light on it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Pwned.

That's why you always should get insurance. Plus, isn't it illegal to drive without insurance?

[/very helpful statement]

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Now that's unlucky. I doubt boot camp will pull you up about it seeing as you've had no actual trouble with the law

Darkhearts
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just read about someone else hit a person driving that had no insurance and he asked "Because they have no insurance even though I hit them I'm not at fault to fix their car right?" and everyone who replied (one said he was a insurance adjuster or w/e) said that no matter what if you did the dmg your fixing it basically.

I couldn't be at fault because no way can I do that much dmg to my car while going under 5mph. Plus she was driving on wrong side of the road.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ha. Thats shenanigans compared to the accident I had in my porsche. Im attaching a pic:
cameronmd - Florida accident with no insurance?! - RaGEZONE Forums

The old guy in the background is the tow dude or something, NOT ME.

Reaction score
Erm, why should it affect you in any way? Police didn't come to the scene so how could it possibly have anything to do with you joining the army? Besides, you got hit, not the other way around.

Pwned.

That's why you always should get insurance. Plus, isn't it illegal to drive without insurance?

[/very helpful statement]

It's illegal to drive without 3rd party insurance which you should automatically get when you register the vehicle. That means that if you hit and kill anyone, they will pay the damages, not you.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Doubt it's going to effect u, at all. Have been in a similar accident over here in 2006 and when I signed up for they Army over here 6 months ago, no one really mentioned it (but that was also due the fact of having a clean record, except a few speed tickets).

Back