Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Google to Wall-Mart

Reaction score
edit: I have no idea why or what I wrote when I posted this. Sorry in advance.

This came to mind the other day, I'm curious to see what your opinions are. This isn't a debate btw.

We have Wall-Mart as the first example - largest physical retailer (find anything)
Second example is Google - the largest search engine (find anything).

Mom and Pop shops have closed down as a result of this retailer - there just isn't a point in shopping for some individuals.

This is pretty much what Google as an online presence. User will most likely Google their question first (compared to 10 years ago imo) - rather than reach out on a forum. Reddit?

Of course Ragezone has a niche though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are still smaller individuals that sells/offers services to those who need them.
Bing for example. And Google IS NOT that great when you're in China as they have their own search engines.
Same can be applied on Wall Mart, there are TONS of convenient stores NOT JUST IN U.S.
This way of think is pointless to be honest. It will not go anywhere.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
whatever drugs this guy was on when he thought of this, i demand several of them

Reaction score
Not hard to understand. Forums without a niche like you said are pretty much dead. RZ is only still alive because of the private server resources. The forum community itself is dead and long gone.

Its much easier to check Facebook groups, or search on Google / Reddit, and it is much faster than typing out a whole thread on a forum... or even trying to use a forum's terrible and broken self-search engine.

Reaction score
Not hard to understand. Forums without a niche like you said are pretty much dead. RZ is only still alive because of the private server resources. The forum community itself is dead and long gone.

Its much easier to check Facebook groups, or search on Google / Reddit, and it is much faster than typing out a whole thread on a forum... or even trying to use a forum's terrible and broken self-search engine.

I'm not sure if you've noticed - check around if you're ever that bored. A lot of corporate entities are moving into the community forums type of support. From experience, people are hired to moderate forums. It's pretty damn interesting.

Back