Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why does icecream keep you awake?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When you're feeling sleepy, Most people go upstairs for a snack, but if they want to stay awake they eat icecream. So what I tried was the same thing, and I took a nice small pint of icecream and just ate some of it as time goes by. But I have no idea why it keeps you awake so well other than these two factors

1. It's cold, when you're cold at night you are not content and you don't retain heat causing you to shiver thus keeping your brain moving and awake

2. Icecream is obviously packed with sugar

So other than those two what is it!? I have no clue:drinks_no

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
you pretty much answered your self there.

christ why on earth are we getting threads that lack inginuity and intelligence.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol btw idc bout what you say flameing thats all you do to me anyway. i'm over it... theres some other things inside icecream too and i was wondering which of those ingredients did it other than the two i mentioned

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
Erm..Icecream being cold does the opposite to keeping you awake, as you said if the stuff is real cold then you'll lose body heat.

So when the body is losing its heat you'll naturally become tired and instinctively want to go to bed to wrap up in your blankets to retain your body heat....

Ice cream in general will keep you awake I guess if you eat enough of it, basically because its full of crap. Its packed with sugars, fats and most importantly caffeine.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Erm..Icecream being cold does the opposite to keeping you awake, as you said if the stuff is real cold then you'll lose body heat.

So when the body is losing its heat you'll naturally become tired and instinctively want to go to bed to wrap up in your blankets to retain your body heat....

Ice cream in general will keep you awake I guess if you eat enough of it, basically because its full of crap. Its packed with sugars, fats and most importantly caffeine.

"full of crap"
whats the main crap part Lol

and Caffeiene I forgot about that one thanks Lol

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
"full of crap"
whats the main crap part Lol

and Caffeiene I forgot about that one thanks Lol

I erm...can't say to be positive, Ice cream contains so many different ingrediants. And obviously each type of Ice cream product is going to contain different things.

Its why Ice cream is addictive to alot of people because it contains large amounts of something called "Hydro fats" which is bad for you, then theres all the colorings in the Ice cream that can make ya go all hypo. These are just examples Ice cream is full of random stuff.

Back