Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Iron Lore Closes - tom thinks its pirates

Reaction score
Iron Lore a small software-house that brought us Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne has died.
Yes.
It is with great regret that we must announce that as of close of business Tuesday, February 19, 2008 Iron Lore Entertainment has ceased active game development. Several unrelated events occurred which resulted in Iron Lore being unable to secure funding for its next project.

if you havent played titan quest its an amazing game, hack and slash rpg like d2 but with great graphics. Iron Lore is a tiny company compared to some of the other companies out there and THQ helping them publish the game i thought it was a great atchievement and would have like to see more games of that quality from indie developers.

tom thinks that PC piracy killed Iron Lore

Please give your comments.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Reaction score
Yea, I got the E-mail too. Titanquest is probably the only game I have replayed several times now.
Though, i don't think they were actively developing a project. Still a damn shame though.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i hated the game, either i played to much mmo's and d2 before, or it was just plain boring for me, i dunno. Sux for the company though :/ considering they were a small company, they did a good job.THe whole staff will reappear in some other company's or form a new one, like it happens most of the times, so i guess you'll still see their project :p

Reaction score
thing is ea sucks and buys up all the good ideas and software houses it thinks will make them money.

like bf2 sucks butt, in the sence that server browsing is crappy and there are plenty of unfixed bugs, and yet the game was stolen (kinda).
remember bf1942 and desert combat mod ?...

iron lore was great comparing to the quality of the game for such a small company.
iron clad/startdock also amazing small butt company and sins of a solar empire is very impressive in quality.

what are your takes on piracy guys ?

30 Seconds.
Reaction score
thing is ea sucks and buys up all the good ideas and software houses it thinks will make them money.

like bf2 sucks butt, in the sence that server browsing is crappy and there are plenty of unfixed bugs, and yet the game was stolen (kinda).
remember bf1942 and desert combat mod ?...

iron lore was great comparing to the quality of the game for such a small company.
iron clad/startdock also amazing small butt company and sins of a solar empire is very impressive in quality.

what are your takes on piracy guys ?

If you like the game ( you downloaded).
Then buy it, they'll get the money to make it better, etc etc.

30 Seconds.
Reaction score
i bought bf2 is it any better for my money ? NO they forgot it and stopped patching it moved on to bf2842

Nah, 'twas my opinion.
I don't really give a duck, tbh like some games you gotta buy it to play online, some just buy it for that and some for other opinions.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
If you like the game ( you downloaded).
Then buy it, they'll get the money to make it better, etc etc.

I gotta admit I don't do this for many games... but then again I don't play many games... hmm now that I think about it I actually have bought almost every (big, modern) game I've ever played regularly in the past 5-10 years.. Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo 2, D2:LOD, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 & Expansions, Icewind Dale 1/2/xps, Neverwinter Nights 1/2/xps... and TQ/TQIT. Though I got really good deals on all of them... only one that got full price paid for it was LOD, but my dad actually bought that one (it's the only game he plays lol, but I have about 15 different mods I'm setting up for him on his new laptop, and if anyone is looking for a good mod try "Zy-El" or "Nezeramontias" from - Zy-El needs you to force a downgrade to 1.09d but it IS worth it, believe me)

Umm yeah and to my original train of thought... I can't remember exactly how I was first introduced to TQ but I ended up pirating it off my mate then bought my own copy and the expansion cause I liked the gameplay and the nice decent sized worlds. I'm not much of a graphics person (as you can tell by my retro game purchases lol) but they're pretty good in TQ too. :smile: It's a pity they're closing down.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It was a pretty good game. But im not suprised that piracy destroyed it. Pretty soon WoW is gonna b destroyed by Piracy to, but then again they do have a 1337 security.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Never got to try thisa game, its a shame

Back