Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I've started something that I've been avoiding for half a decade

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
A blog.

Yes you read that correctly. I started a blog.

It really shouldn't be surprising to anyone including myself but apparantly writing a blog about stuff and having an online presence showing off said writing and possible proffesional works is vital to getting a job in the games industry which, surprise suprise, I studied for at uni.

Here's the link:

Have a read if you can be bothered but I warn you now, it is not a place for the young or weak of heart or people of any level of real intelligence as it's already started off with my usual retardedness and penchant for the eloquent.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Something that I have been meaning to do too tbh.

Reaction score
And I thought you where going to say "Dating women" but lucky is its just a blog!
Tbh I find this post extremely insensitive. You know as well as I do, that being black and gay is still very much an issue. So I really don't think that comment is appropriate, especially not from someone who claims to be a friend.

Reactions: Lee
Reaction score
Here's a tip, take it or leave it, just throwing it out there:

I know your blog is new so you're still probably working out the kinks and/or learning the platform, but you really gotta get a new header image. It's a giant pixelated picture of your face, and as handsome as it is, it's kind of a turnoff for that to be the first thing a viewer sees. Plus it's not at all complimentary to the text. Either new header image (that goes well against the text), or de-pixelate it, or remove the giant header all together.

Just a suggestion.

Much love, love your writing by the way, good luck.

Legend
Reaction score
It's a good tip and one I was getting to do anyway. The header image is just a place holder until I figure out what I actually want there.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I've started one in the past but due the fact that my language is not decent enough to keep up I decided to pull the plug on mine.

Reaction score
Right, so I didn't actually read all of the text, but skimming through the page I just saw a couple of personal pictures and what seemed to be mostly personal posts.
Seeing as you are doing this for your career within games, and seeing as I myself work in the games industry (and employ people in the industry). Wouldn't you want to focus the blog on professional work?

Just want to give constructive criticism, so what I would strongly suggest you do is mention more game dev experience, screenshots (or in case you are coding, describe problems and solutions, code snippets, etc) and so on. Something to make someone want to employ you not only because of the fact that you are a fun dude, but because you know your stuff.

When I get a CV and someone applying for a job, I look at a couple of things in a blog of this sort:
1. Portfolio, what can he do? What has he done before, and how well did he do it?
2. Quality of work
3. Do I want this person to work for me? Does he seem reliable? Will he fit in?

I hope this helps a little bit :).

Legend
Reaction score
It's not just a portfolio platform so the personal posts are exactly where they're meant to be. As it's title and very first post suggest the blog doesn't have a defined purpose but it will be a collection of a lot of stuff including some portfolio work but not all of it. My professional portfolio is going to be built somewhere else separately. You should have read more before making your suggestions as you would have figured out that the blog serves as a platform for my creative and public writing not my portfolio work. It will also contain any game reviews/articles which can then be linked to my actual portfolio.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I actually had quite a laugh reading your posts, they are very amusing.

Only thing I didn't like was anything being centered and having lots of blank space either side.

Legend
Reaction score
So I was going to make this a new thread until I realised that this one still existed. Waste not want not, as the saying goes.

Let me get to the point before I start rambling. You all know I have a blog now and am writing again properly, which is terrifying in many ways but besides the point. What I need from you guys is more feedback like the kind being given before and more readers. Since Rz is my home in the interwebs it seems apt that I should try and get a decent amount of people from here reading my work, which I encourage you all to do because it's all very me and funny enough to be worth the read :p

My specific problem with the site at the moment is the theme.

the link to my latest post above explains my issue and how you can take part in helping tyo solve it so click the link, read the post, add your comments or thoughts and then read the other stuff because completionism gets you a special prize ^_^

Back