Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why do you keep on living? What is your purpose?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello.

This section is a bit inactive, so I figured I could start something I've been thinking about for a while now.

What drives you into getting out of bed each day?

What do you life for? What makes you get up when you hit the bottom?

Religion? Faith in a God? Your family and friends? Personal achievements?

Why do you keep on living? What is your purpose in this life?

Personally, I mostly live to make my family proud of me; in my most darkest times they were the ones that made me keep on going.

I also try help 'life' in general: I'm a volunteer in one of my town's abandoned animal shelters, and I try to 'coach' some people when I seem them falling into depression or when they lose their grip.

EDIT: Please note that family includes my 16 year old dog.

Last edited:
ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I live to make the best of the time I have left to stay here. I don't have a purpose nor do I follow any kind of religion. I see god as a Santa for adults.

I live because I'm afraid to see what will happen when I die. I'm not even curious. Hell, it may be even better than living but I'm not ready to find out just yet. Sure life isn't all angels and halos but it's something. I don't have much family but I do have plenty of friends that all share the same interest as me and we do the same stuff together.

However what mostly drives me to push on in life is my goal of being successful and wealthy with my own business in car maintenance and dealerships. Up to now I've had some pretty big setbacks but I won't let them stop me from doing what I want to do in life.

I live for achieving. Work hard. Play harder.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm going to move this to the Outerworld as I think it would be better suited there, but great topic idea :)

Honestly dealing with major depression in the past, I had no reason to live and came close to ending it all. But luckily I recently found someone that I fell so deeply in love with and she became the reason for me to keep on living. If it weren't for her being in my life like she is I probably would not be here right now.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I live to make the best of the time I have left to stay here. I don't have a purpose nor do I follow any kind of religion. I see god as a Santa for adults.

I live because I'm afraid to see what will happen when I die. I'm not even curious. Hell, it may be even better than living but I'm not ready to find out just yet. Sure life isn't all angels and halos but it's something. I don't have much family but I do have plenty of friends that all share the same interest as me and we do the same stuff together.

However what mostly drives me to push on in life is my goal of being successful and wealthy with my own business in car maintenance and dealerships. Up to now I've had some pretty big setbacks but I won't let them stop me from doing what I want to do in life.

I live for achieving. Work hard. Play harder.

That's a good motto! I'm quite curious to what will happen in the 'afterlife', but I'm also not ready for it, there's still much to be done.

Because it would be unfair to be raised as a child to be an adult and not return that favor.

Agreed! Recently I've read an article about elders that became orphans regarding their sons...I really can't understand how can someone just forsake those who literally gave them life...

I'm going to move this to the Outerworld as I think it would be better suited there, but great topic idea :)

Honestly dealing with major depression in the past, I had no reason to live and came close to ending it all. But luckily I recently found someone that I fell so deeply in love with and she became the reason for me to keep on living. If it weren't for her being in my life like she is I probably would not be here right now.

I trust your judgment, thank you. I was going to tell you something about what you've just said on that topic about 'meeting women', but I guess this occasion is more appropriate.

I don't usually say this, but I feel your pain. I'm 33 atm, and exactly 20 years ago (at 13 in 1996) I've been diagnosed with major depression, anxiety issues, and chronic insomnia, so I know what it's like to be in your shoes, I truly do. My saviors were my family, my girlfriends, and my 16 year old 'dog-son'. :]

Reaction score
I just live. Things that get me out of bed are responsibilities. (going to classes and stuff) I honestly never think about why I do it. Same thing with happiness. My brother has been depressed for several reasons, he's conciously not happy with his life. To be honest I never stop and think, am I happy?
I just dont think about stuff like that.
And I know I should.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
To become the very best, to catch and train em all!!!

While that's partially true, mainly because I'm curious what's to come and where I can get in this life. Also agree with Elian here, thinking about it is good, but to a certain extend. Else you end up questioning the very sence of life and up kys.

Reaction score
Deep!

I get a sense of fulfillment from my martial arts training, competition, and coaching. I also get great enjoyment and challenge out of it too. From other sources I look forwards to playing video games and traveling, especially in nature, but I can stomach cities for short periods too. I'm also super passionate about helping people go vegan, it's one of the most rewarding things.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
summary: My achievements, social life, experience from the past and not allowing that again, are my reason

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only reason i live in this life is for the ones i love. And honestly my job is the only thing in my life that keeps me from not ending it. As i do get judge everyday of my life by family or friends and it really bugs me. And due to my anxiety and depression. Almost makes me not want to live on this place we call earth.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Deep!

I get a sense of fulfillment from my martial arts training, competition, and coaching. I also get great enjoyment and challenge out of it too. From other sources I look forwards to playing video games and traveling, especially in nature, but I can stomach cities for short periods too. I'm also super passionate about helping people go vegan, it's one of the most rewarding things.

How does one exactly encourage someone to become Vegan?

Tried doing it a month, my monthly net gross on my expenses got more expensive because of the diet. Especially from my standpoint of living on rented apartments, I have to take out salads all day, and not be able to make one.

And also isn't going Vegan and being athletic really kind of harsh.

Reaction score

Tried doing it a month, my monthly net gross on my expenses got more expensive because of the diet. Especially from my standpoint of living on rented apartments, I have to take out salads all day, and not be able to make one.

There are perfectly fine ways to get in your protein and other necessary nutrients while being vegan. Personally I'd never go vegan because I just love meat. To stay on topic I guess I can say that meat is a reason to live haha.
Sorry for going off topic Ill leave it at that

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm why do I keep on living..... probably curiosity and out of a sense of responsibility to keep alive the memory of several of my friends who have died. I'm an atheist, so no afterlife for me. Indeed, much like my own Norse mythology, I enjoy all religions as entertaining stories and lessons. Much like the others here, I also have dealt with a lot of depression throughout my life and my curiosity and the thought of my dead friends are sufficient to motivate me. Music and Anime tend to help too. I'd say what drives me to move forward in life would be my wish to help advance the human race as a whole, my work as a libre developer plays a part of that and honestly I don't feel like dying until I've seen humanity start space colonization on Mars. So give or take a few decades, I plan to be around for the next 50 or so years it takes for to do so.

Reaction score

A vegan diet is the healthiest and therefore best for athletic performance, recovery is better so you can trainer harder and more often. I encourage people by showing them it's possible and answering questions to make any transitions easier.

A lot of the time it's about knowing what to buy and cook. Your food bill should be less, not more. Vegan staples are things like rice, beans, potatoes and other starchy veg, and other seasonal vegetables, they should all be available pretty cheap. In the Philippines you should have access to pretty good fruit too, but I dunno what the prices will be like.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't know about recovery though.

For a full month of basically just blending doubled fruits of each kind and caesar salads, I really felt more exhausted, compared to my diet of eating meat.

Cardio and Lifting was the most crucial one for sure. Like, I always felt nauseous because of the feeling of lacking appetite.

But I don't know about you guys though, I would see it as a conditional aspect, for me as a average body structure and weighing at around 105-110, Going Vegan doesn't seem to be a bright idea.

Back