Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The lonely life of a six-year-old boy

Reaction score
The lonely life of a six-year-old boy

http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/11/10_12/ahlong%2002.jpg
Ah Long carrying firewoods down the mountain path to his home

A six-year-old HIV carrier, has been living alone since his parents died of AIDS.
The boy, known as Ah Long, does his own washing, cooking, studying and he also rears some chicken.
He lives in his parents' house at the foothill village of Malu Mountain in Liuzhou in Guangxi Province, China.
Ah Long has an 84-year-old grandmother, who visits him quite frequently and cooks for him.
The granny has also planted some vegetables near the house for Ah Long.
http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/11/10_12/ahlong%2004.jpg
Ah Long making a fire to cook dinner

Ah Long does know what AIDS is.
All he knew was that his friends never want to be near him, doctors did not want to treat his wounds and his only family member – his granny – refused to live with him.
He was also rejected by the nearby primary school.
The only companion the boy has is a dog called Lao Hei.
http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/11/10_12/ahlong%2003.jpg
Ah Long playing with Lao Hei in front of their house

Due to his complicated family background, the Welfare Department has declined to take care of the boy.
http://www.dailychilli.com/images/stories/2010/11/10_12/ahlong%2001.jpg
Ah Long studying in his room alone

He receives 70 yuan (RM33) monthly subsistence allowance from the civil bureau but it is not enough.

After Ah Long's story was published in Chinese newspapers, a couple announced that they would adopt the boy.

However, it has yet to materialise.

Source: Agencies
Photos: China Daily

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats sad :( Its not fair, nobody likes him because he has AIDS, AIDS can only be transfered through vaciines and sex. Even his own grandma.

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow... that is just wrong. Kinda makes me wish I could do something to help.

Note to the world: Whenever you think your life sucks, there's always someone with it worse.

Reaction score
After reading this, i feel like donating 1000$ to that kid.

Imagine a 6 year old cooking his own food.

My brother's 7 and he cooks his own food sometimes. I've been making my own food for more than a decade now, i don't see how anyone's independence is relevant to this.

Yes, it is a sad story, but he really is lucky compared to millions of other people.

I don't want anyone to start accusing me of being insensitive, because I'm just trying to point out an observation... But people in 3rd world countries (i am not talking specifically about him, so nobody start flaming me about him being 6) really aren't in the kind of life-and-death situation that Oxfam and all these other charities lead us to believe.

Yes, they survive on $5 per month, but when you actually put them in context with their own environment and society, that's $5 that they don't actually need to survive. They have no bills, they have no things they need to pay for. They build their own house out of things they find, they grow or catch their own food, and water is provided from streams or wells.

If you actually think, how they are living is EXACTLY how the rest of the world was surviving thousands of years ago. You become self-sufficient, and live life as a hunter/gatherer. That's how we all started out. Sure, by comparison to us they are living in poverty, but in reality our societies are in no way comparable.

I've been to villages in India, where people have ever even SEEN money before. They are the healthiest and most content people I've ever seen ANYWHERE, and they do not even know the concept of a governed currency. They farm, they trade, they survive. All without a single cent.

Sure, when droughts hit and their crops die they DO need some sort of support/relief. That is of course understandable, and that is usually provided to them either by their own government or by a United Nations initiative. However, that is not what the majority of charities are getting money for, they make it seem as if these people need the money you donate to live. No, they do not. The money you donate isn't paying for life-saving vaccinations or medications either; In actuality, it costs less than $0.15 to vaccinate a single person.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My brother's 7 and he cooks his own food sometimes. I've been making my own food for more than a decade now, i don't see how anyone's independence is relevant to this.

Yes, it is a sad story, but he really is lucky compared to millions of other people.

I don't want anyone to start accusing me of being insensitive, because I'm just trying to point out an observation... But people in 3rd world countries (i am not talking specifically about him, so nobody start flaming me about him being 6) really aren't in the kind of life-and-death situation that Oxfam and all these other charities lead us to believe.

Yes, they survive on $5 per month, but when you actually put them in context with their own environment and society, that's $5 that they don't actually need to survive. They have no bills, they have no things they need to pay for. They build their own house out of things they find, they grow or catch their own food, and water is provided from streams or wells.

If you actually think, how they are living is EXACTLY how the rest of the world was surviving thousands of years ago. You become self-sufficient, and live life as a hunter/gatherer. That's how we all started out. Sure, by comparison to us they are living in poverty, but in reality our societies are in no way comparable.

I've been to villages in India, where people have ever even SEEN money before. They are the healthiest and most content people I've ever seen ANYWHERE, and they do not even know the concept of a governed currency. They farm, they trade, they survive. All without a single cent.

Sure, when droughts hit and their crops die they DO need some sort of support/relief. That is of course understandable, and that is usually provided to them either by their own government or by a United Nations initiative. However, that is not what the majority of charities are getting money for, they make it seem as if these people need the money you donate to live. No, they do not. The money you donate isn't paying for life-saving vaccinations or medications either; In actuality, it costs less than $0.15 to vaccinate a single person.

:scared: You're just insensitive, don't lie :eek:tt1:

Reaction score

Country raised families, not the redneck stereotype but actual country families, make their kids learn to cook as soon as they're able to start learning. Its just something that everyone does. There isn't a single person over the age of 12 in the town I grew up in that is not able to cook their own meal from scratch.

Its one of the most important skills you can possibly have.

i didnt do this.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow rish said it all lol

But you have got to feel sorry for him..everybody has diserted him and no one wants to be near him an at 6 doing everything and living alone...its just sad

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

But they don't have RZ, hence their lives suck.

:thumbdown:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Note to the world: Whenever you think your life sucks, there's always someone with it worse.

Yeah, agreed :)

Also with what Rishwin said how there are Millions of people worse than him I agree. The child probrably feels lucky compared to others.

Hope he gets adopted, I don't see how he lives alone.

Edit: Maybe Ragezone could do a fund raising thing but I doubt that'd happen. I'd happily donate alittle bit of money. (Not much as I can't use alot online)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This news has been going around the Chinese community and my mom told me about it so everyone is trying to donate to this young boy/ get the welfare department to accept him.

Back