Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What makes your old friends quit MMORPGs?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have asked many friends around that why do they leave MMORPGs. And regardless of differences in conditions of life, backgrounds and job contents, they all have quite similar answers. They don’t have time. Today we have developed game market filled with all kinds of games. “Since I can get the same fun, why should I spend my busy time in MMORPGs?”
They still remember those golden old days in WoW. We pull together to kill a boss down. But they just don’t have enough patience and leisure time as before.
When we go back home and open the client, wait your team members all gather up and dungeon for at least an hour, let alone the time being defeated by a boss encounter and starting over. After several tossing back-and-forth, we may just get an item with normal stats. Nowadays it is so hard for people repeating the routine over and over again; in addition,we can’t be sure whether we will get an equipment drop, and even sometimes you get a poor roll point and miss it.
The fun of leveling and dungeons? This process tends to become some kind of mechanized operations. As the pace of life is increasing, people become less patient. They can’t enjoy their slow leveling time, hardly enjoy the scenarios once they loved… Instead, they tend to care about awards for finishing missions…
So accumulating joys of MMORPGs tends to be cumbersome under that situation. They turn over and start to play MOBA and single player games which prove to be highly efficient.
Maybe one day, MMORPG achieve the dream of making every hour fulfilling, I can eventually gather all my old brothers gone -- those who had fought with in virtual world; and go back to MMORPGs, again.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
By getting older, many people realize there is a better more important game that is called real life. When you play WoW with your friends and the boss drops an ultra weapon and you guys are happy as hell, I've to ask you guys, why? Why happy? Why happy about an virtual thing that costed so much time you can only use in a virtual world to getting even more addicted to a wrong world of fantasy and magic. This world is not real, but your life is.

In the main game of life you got an even harder challenge that involves your social proof, career, relationship- and sex-achievements. When you cross the 30s you might get a new aim, building an own family. Here we are, climbing up the pyramid of needs up to the top, the aim that is called the "self-realization", you never can reach in a virtual game.

Old people still play small games for fun, but MMORPGs inflict to much time waste in your real life. By getting stronger and stronger in the virtual game, it will give you more and more fun and thus reasons to stay in the game, this causes addiction and hurts the climbing on the pyramid of needs in your real life.

Start to build your life, in this game, you have only 1 life and no 'continue' after losing it.

Peace!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I play very occasionally now, as to before when I was younger, used to play a lot more.
I guess as you grow up, you have more responsibilities and less time to just play games and such. Also they get boring after a while. You get interested in the game, play the game for hours straight, and then get bored - stop playing - move on.

I realized the cycle of games a while back, and usually don't play anymore new games. The only games I play now occasionally now are Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Whenever it's the summer time, that's the only time I get to play. Other than that, I'm a busy guy.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much that people find it boring and leave and the people that you play with leave as well and then it's boring for you too.

Back