Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Meat, Veganism, Fruitarians, Vegetarians and Pescetarians?

Reaction score
This post, hopefully, will not spark an ALL-OUT war against people with different opinions, so stating right now, that the main object of it is to have a grown-up discussion about the specified things, throwing in some facts and just state your opinions.

The more years passes, the more we get open minded about various things, and one of them is veganism and fruitarianism, although, the 2nd one is less popular, compared to the first one.

I am a meat eater and I will always be one, simply because I enjoy food, variety of it, but on top of that, I also love to mix it with vegetables, to create that perfect balance of the dish. My belief is not to believe "scientist have discovered..", media, yellow pages or my crazy neighbour's propaganda, just an example: in some countries you can become self-proclaimed scientist within couple years and spread your "scientific researches" online, by having loads of mindless people who are desperate to be in trend. That's probably a massive misunderstanding online about the word "scientist" and who that person actually was. Another important thing to understand is: everything kills, literally, everything. Deodorants, soap, air, walking and I could continue and continue, that's what researches proclaim.
I went a bit too far from the actual topic.

My question to Ragezone community what you think about Vegans, Fruitarians, Meat-Eaters? What is your understanding of "Healthy Diet" and does it have anything to do with the first question?
I've specified these 3 because of what's going on right now - how meat is being presented as pure evil, how vegans are going crazy lengths online and how I met a fruitarian guy who kept talking about "mucus" and how, I quote, "humans can become gorilla-like strength species surviving on fruits solely", lets be honest... not sure how many years it will be required, but I have a good feeling it will take couple generations to adapt that much.

I personally respect every person's belief of whatever they think is healthy diet and it's in our nature to want to live longer, I know couple people who are going full vegan and they enjoy it, I know loads of vegetarians, perscetarians and these people are just like me, a meat-eater, they don't mind me eating meat in front of them and we can have a decent discussion, but there is exception on one of the mentioned ones: Vegans. I have had a very bad experience with them and experienced first hand the ignorance and disrespect in an open minded discussion, and that just mind-blown me. Funniest thing that it started as a decent discussion about the cons and pros of both sides and it ended up sounding like Vegetables are like a immortality elixir and meat is a source of evil and went downhill real fast the moment I said that not everything is 100% true, what some vegetable loving scientist might be looking into. But that's just one of these cases, after that I've kind of a wanted to see what's going on deeper online in regards to these topics and I can say that I could have never expected to see a "Vegans-Extremist" in my life, on top of that, some of them flip when you call them a "convert", that's like a taboo word, but that's how they can be described, since 2 years ago they ate meat.
I am really curious what pushes people such extreme lengths and why they cannot accept the fact that our current world is not going to change even if there is a billion of vegans and on top of that, but this will not be answered in a long time. In any case, I was experiencing the extremist opinions and would never ever apply to people who are respectful towards others.

Thanks for reading my messed up understanding about the world :thumbup1: lets hear what you think on these super sensitive topics :blushing:

P.S. Don't forget to mention what you count yourself as!

Back