Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MSN Messenger Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iod

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MSN Messenger service suffers outage
'Significant number' of users impacted, Microsoft says
MSNBC
Updated: 8:36 p.m. ET Feb. 8, 2005

MSN Messenger users were having trouble communicating on Tuesday, as Microsoft's instant message service suffered intermittent outages. A company spokeswoman said the troubles began Monday night and continued Tuesday evening.

advertisement
Full service was restored at about 5 p.m. PT.

The outage affected "a significant number" of the service's 145 million users, the spokeswoman said.

"(It was) an isolated issue at the data center at MSN," she said, but wouldn't provide additional details. The outage wasn't related to a computer virus, she added.

(MSNBC content is distributed by MSN. MSNBC itself is a Microsoft - NBC joint venture.)

Users of other popular instant message services provided by Yahoo and America Online were unaffected.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(Well... I WAS trying to resist posting in here but... >.>)

Yes... it is working for now. What do you want to bet that it will eventually happen again, though? (It was really annoying. >.< Glad it's over for now, though. *hopes*)

And I thank you for alerting us, iod. ^_^ I was sitting there waiting to be kicked off again or not be able to sign back in or something. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back