Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[News] 5th graders plotted to kill girl

Reaction score
I have to disagree on the violent video games/movies/media... I myself played these "violent" games and was exposed to "violent media" at a pretty young age, yet I have never even thought of killing anyone let alone actually doing it. Though I am also no expert, so I cannot tell you what is or could be causing it either... Personally, I would first blame the parenting. Perhaps if a child wasn't ready to differentiate between reality and fantasy then you could keep this 'violent media' or whatever else deemed necessary until they were more mature, etc... Secondly I blame government/media ~ as someone else already mentioned, there's TONS of 'shootings' in the media now-a-days (at least in the USofA), and children may think it's "something cool to do". Furthermore I blame the government (for several reasons actually): First off, the light sentences - IDC if you're 5 or 55, you "plot a murder" to this type of extent, and you should be looking at a MUCH more severe sentence. IDK lets say 25 to life! Going beyond the government being a bunch of pussies (these kids probably wont face any 'stiff' penalties), I blame them for WHY the media is all of a sudden reporting on all of these shootings. For one to think shootings like these recent ones ("mass" or not) haven't happened in the past, you're wrong. Going off on a tangent here, I really think the reason the media is actually reporting on these "shootings" more frequently is because (well, we all know the media is controlled and fake as hell) the government is planning to disarm the U.S., and their going to try to get the U.S. citizens to basically voluntarily disarm by showing all these "bad things" in the news...

Though lets not stray offtopic too far or too long. Back to the main subject at hand, first and foremost I blame parenting. Though the government can also be blamed for bad parenting as well. Now that people have the government telling you how you can and cannot "raise" your child (IE: you CANNOT spank your child). I'll tell you what, the line between discipline and abuse is CLEAR, and I used to get the poop beat out of me - in a discipline manner (not abuse), and I turned out OK. We're experiencing an influx of violent youth in America because you have good old Uncle Sam telling you that you cannot even spank your child (or that's "abuse")... So, now we have a whole group of kids across America who are disrespectful little pieces of poop because they've never been disciplined. So, I guess we're going to have to re-order them in order of priority now, the FIRST TO BLAME is THE GOVERNMENT, then media and even schools themselves (see spoiler), then parents, then anything else you find 'fit' to blame...

[The media is ofc controlled by the government]

That's the other thing, the US FED has WAY too much involvement in the school system now a days. You may only realize this if you are a parent yourself, when your child comes home from school and says "you can't hit/spank/touch me because X[teacher] said so". I remember being in school and the teacher throwing a book at me when I did something stupid, now-a-days a teacher would lose their job if they pulled that :(: So AGAIN, this just points back YET AGAIN to, THE GOVERNMENT !!! See a pattern here!!!???!!!???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reflecting upon it now, having 'violent' video games, if anything, has actually been a good thing for me. It has probably prevented me from killing somebody, because it gives me a fictitious place to 'vent' any of my anger !!!

Back