Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Np Spyware and Adware Laws

A

allen

MAKE SPYWARE ILLEGAL PETTITION
sign your name more than once and get spyware off the internet!

Spyware and Adware is software made by publishers that allow them to snoop on your browsing activity, invade your privacy, and flood you with those horrible popups. If you are like most users on the internet, chances are you are probably infected with these applications.

here is the site to sign at

:smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3: :smilie3:

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well I signed even if these spywares got something against me , it didnt bring no bad to me still and to anyone I know , so why are people upset

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
... I'm afraid that I really don't trust online petitions... I mean, it's so simple to have a bunch of people sign up for 'stop the ban of cookies!' and then erasing the name and putting something completely different like 'bring back beheadings!'. >.< (I make it a general rule to not sign those things. Sorry. :p)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
darkrayne said:
... I'm afraid that I really don't trust online petitions... I mean, it's so simple to have a bunch of people sign up for 'stop the ban of cookies!' and then erasing the name and putting something completely different like 'bring back beheadings!'. >.< (I make it a general rule to not sign those things. Sorry. :p)

lol agrees

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i dont sign online petitions either but i do hate spyware a lot

Peace

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Not signing. Sucks to have them around, but if a law like this was ever going to pass there would be a huge problem: where to draw the line between spyware and a legal program. The next problem would be the law only affecting such a small bunch of people no one will ever see the difference. Third one, who'd care anyway?

In fact, Schwarzenegger already did something to this:

"Schwarzenegger Signs Anti-Spyware, Filesharing Laws

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed separate legislation designed to combat spyware and the illegal online swapping of copyright material.

One bill requires people who share movies, videos and recordings on file-sharing services to provide their e-mail or physical addresses, while the other bans unauthorized installation of spyware on individual computers.

But questions abound about the enforceability of both.

The spyware law bans collecting personally identifiable information through keystroke logging, gathering web browsing histories, opening pop-up ads and interfering with a user's efforts to identify or remove the spyware. Under the law, consumers can sue for damages."

Back