Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Your opinion on online dating

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I am just curious what some of your guys' opinions are on online dating. It's a huge thing nowadays and has united countless people together with each other. My brother met his girlfriend off of a dating site, a few friends I know have, and so did my mom and her boyfriend; and I am currently signed up on a dating site trying to find that 'special someone' (as cliche as it sounds)

Anyways, I was just curious if anybody else has had any experience with it or has good or bad opinions about it.

Atleast Die Trying...
Reaction score
Never tried online dating cause the fact its all "virtual" until you meet up ofc then its all game from there. but idk ever watch the show called catfish? yeah.... i don't really trust the internet for my source of love lol. thats just me though

change my name already!
Reaction score
Tinder is a great source for something quick, usually.

Finding someone special is always harder.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
I tried OKC for a bit. Tinder over here is a bit meh with weird girls/guys posing as girls.

First date, chick grabbed my balls. Normally, I'm okay with that sort of behaviour, but that was something I expected from Tinder.

Edit;
Lee, I guess by 'online' you don't mean through a dating site? It could be an MMO, I guess.

Reaction score
Tinder is a great source for something quick, usually.

Finding someone special is always harder.

Tinder is basically 75% smash and pass, the rest of it is a mix of all sorts of illegal stuff with a 1% chance of finding someone you actually want to be with.

---

As for online dating in general, I've done it twice. Both were basically a waste of time and I personally will never do it again. Some people are embarrassed to admit to online dating due to the fact it's shamed upon (or used to be afaik). A more acceptable form of "online" dating would be meeting them IRL prior to dating and then have a long-distance relationship if it requires with the meet ups whenever someone has free time. From my friends experience she was sexually assaulted through a meet up with a person she met online so there are pros and cons to online dating I guess.

If you actually go ahead with online dating and end up with a date for a meet up, best to take a plus 1 and always plan for the worst possible situation just in-case. You can never be too safe these days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have plenty of friends found their one true love online. My brother also met his fiance online haha - not really on an online dating site, but on mmorpg . :)
If you are talking to a legit girl indeed, then no one knows what will happen except you bro :)
Online dating may succeed or fail depends on how you define reality.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
It's becoming less of a weird thing to embrace nowadays, thankfully. I tried several online dating sites and I met a few people from them. Some have remained good friends, some are a thing of the past. But it worked and I met some lovely people!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's becoming less of a weird thing to embrace nowadays, thankfully. I tried several online dating sites and I met a few people from them. Some have remained good friends, some are a thing of the past. But it worked and I met some lovely people!

I thought all this was really fake at first until reality really strike. It like damn, my cousin came to me one day to just had a casual talk and she share how he met a girl Vian online dating. I never thought it actually worked. Surprise surprise

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Now online Dating is very popular and relevant. I broke up with my girlfriend half a year ago after 5 years of relationship. I was really in a bad state, I was overtaken by depression, a mental disorder, I started drinking and even went to the hospital with a complication...My friends were very worried and decided to solve this problem for me, since I didn't do anything. They just found a girl who wanted to enjoy spending the night with me. It was a super night, after which I "rebooted" and realized that my ex was not worthy of me to worry so much. I've already forgotten about her, and I don't care about that relationship anymore. Now I have met a great girl also on online Dating, who supports me always and everywhere, and I am happy with her.

Last edited:
z = v / c
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I am just curious what some of your guys' opinions are on online dating. It's a huge thing nowadays and has united countless people together with each other. My brother met his girlfriend off of a dating site, a few friends I know have, and so did my mom and her boyfriend; and I am currently signed up on a dating site trying to find that 'special someone' (as cliche as it sounds)

Anyways, I was just curious if anybody else has had any experience with it or has good or bad opinions about it.

So you have any luck or...?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tinder and Bumble are kind of impossible to find people on, they want you to pay to get matches I bet. On POF the matches say "hey" and sometimes they talk and then the profile disappears and gets deleted.

Back