Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How did you pick and get your job?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would be great to know more about the community.

I wanted to know what brand and line of work you guy do. And how did you get that particular employment and what daily projects, activities do you work on.

As for my part

I'm a Head Supervisor for Digital Marketing, I got this field of work because of growing up doing Graphic Design, SEO and other multimedia advantages.

My day-to-day job is technically, crunching numbers, talking to clients about their business performance and how to improve their overall branding. And of course, exposure over their brands via SEO techniques.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Liaising with customers is probably the only relatable thing to your job with mine. I'm a forklift driver/yard labourer for a builder's merchant.

I signed with an agency as I was desperate for work and in a pretty big hole I couldn't get out of. I worked 12 hours 8am - 8pm on a rubbish tip via agency. 6 months later I was moved to Travis Perkins to work temporarily until they got another yard lad. So I thought I'd apply for it myself as they seemed happy with the graft I was doing and they immediately accepted me.

So here I am under the name of a multi-billion pound company on less pay than when I was on agency lol.

My roles consist of load/unloading arctic wagons, 7.5t trucks, our hiab wagons and other flat-bed/tipper vans on the forklift. I also assist in loading customer's vehicles and writing out tickets of their purchase. I also control stock quantity and overall yard maintenance and presentation. We like a clean yard here lol.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Liaising with customers is probably the only relatable thing to your job with mine. I'm a forklift driver/yard labourer for a builder's merchant.

I signed with an agency as I was desperate for work and in a pretty big hole I couldn't get out of. I worked 12 hours 8am - 8pm on a rubbish tip via agency. 6 months later I was moved to Travis Perkins to work temporarily until they got another yard lad. So I thought I'd apply for it myself as they seemed happy with the graft I was doing and they immediately accepted me.

So here I am under the name of a multi-billion pound company on less pay than when I was on agency lol.

My roles consist of load/unloading arctic wagons, 7.5t trucks, our hiab wagons and other flat-bed/tipper vans on the forklift. I also assist in loading customer's vehicles and writing out tickets of their purchase. I also control stock quantity and overall yard maintenance and presentation. We like a clean yard here lol.

Bro, I understand what you're trying to speak of. Believe it or not, but as a sole proprietor of a generic colored/coloured roofing manufacturer.

I do see the weekly earnings of a laborer under an agency, although from your side. You are what we would call as "Skilled". And I don't know why you're earning low in where ever you are from, but in our country. You have to be earning at least ₱350-400 per day and that is 7.50 per day, and that costing is pretty much from an agency.

But if you were from a heavy equipment company that markets heavy trucks, like boom trucks, fork lift, I forgot what that industrial truck that has a pointy edge that carries coils. You would be earning more, since you're literally the one who will play as the "Negotiator".

By far the only driver which I've never seen how much they earn are people who delivers outside the local provinces. But I every time I get to meet these drivers who does all the shipping, they're pretty whiny.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bro, I understand what you're trying to speak of. Believe it or not, but as a sole proprietor of a generic colored/coloured roofing manufacturer.

I do see the weekly earnings of a laborer under an agency, although from your side. You are what we would call as "Skilled". And I don't know why you're earning low in where ever you are from, but in our country. You have to be earning at least ₱350-400 per day and that is 7.50 per day, and that costing is pretty much from an agency.

But if you were from a heavy equipment company that markets heavy trucks, like boom trucks, fork lift, I forgot what that industrial truck that has a pointy edge that carries coils. You would be earning more, since you're literally the one who will play as the "Negotiator".

By far the only driver which I've never seen how much they earn are people who delivers outside the local provinces. But I every time I get to meet these drivers who does all the shipping, they're pretty whiny.

Yeah agency was weekly pay but now I'm monthly. The way hours work here are stupid. I'm on 32 hours per week and the rest of my hours are paid in over-time. God knows why because I work 9.5 hours, 6 days a week.

Our yard consists of 3 areas; the shop where purchases are made, the yard that I work on where most of our weather-friendly stock is kept and tool hire which is a small section of the yard. I don't actually know the prices of any of our stock as it varies between trade accounts, so all negotiations in regards to prices and orders come from inside the shop where the sales team are.

The drivers that deliver our stock are mostly whiney too but for various reasons. I think they only do it to hold a conversation to be honest lol.

Do you enjoy your work? When I started under the name of Travis Perkins, I kinda hated it but as of recently, I've started taking pride in the quality of my yard. Keeping it clean and stocked up properly and so on. I had a customer today tell me our yard is the best he's ever been to in the entire North West region. It made me really happy to know our customers appreciate how we work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I mistook what you are stating as the hours being stupid. But I believe it is depending on the agency where you applied for. Because so far, the worst agency I have prospected was this one agency that didn't require labor applicants to submit a health insurance.

And technically based upon that given documents a worker has, the agency wouldn't become reliable to whatever happens to the employee, and that comes down to the contract which the workers would be signing off.

I believe from what you are stating, you are probably working in a residential area that has probably a 1,200-1,300 square meters which is really great. Because so far, since I've just started a few months ago with my business, I've finished 3 projects which were all commercial buildings and warehouse that can be found just on the urban areas.

Which makes the working area very rowdy and smokes bleaching all over the place because of trucks and enclosed vicinity.

But in the end of the day, its all about that billing statement.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I opened an email by clicking on the wrong subject, so I read it anyway. I sent my resume anyway so as not to waste the click. I got the interview call the very next day and the interview went well. By the end I was told I got the job. I still don't understand how it all happened so fast. I guess when its meant to be its meant to be.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well my first job experience is working at Private Hospital as IT technician. The candidate for the position is around 14 people and they chose and I think because they can paid me cheaper than the other candidate because I'm fresh graduate and also I have better understanding in this field maybe.. My daily routine was every 9.00 am when I get to my workplace I needed to go server room to restart the TV server because if the server run 24 hours non stop the TV channel at patient room will be hanged (we use Android Box btw). My job there was very simple, if patient have technical issue with their TV I will go to their room and repair the tv. At the Hospital I'm the only one IT Technician there .. LOL.. Sad but truth .. Right now I'm working at Manufacturing Company as IT assistant with 3++ workers and only have 2 IT people here .. Still sad but I have partner now .. haha ..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was super lazy for office work and that's how I became a freelancer for a while. Though I also love to do some carpentry work and occasionally sell stuff I made. I also repair old furniture. It was tricky at first but after reading guides about I got used to it.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got my first job in a grocery store, during my uni, i tehcnicly didnt pick it, i just sent a bounch of applications letters and got answer from the first one :p

Reaction score
I'm a research scientist studying the toxic effects of acetaminophen/paracetamol/Tylenol on the liver. How did I get here? I'm in a PhD program and had no real choice. I started off doing work on cancer research. My old lab ran out of money and I was eventually placed into my current lab out of poop luck. Before this I was an uber driver during my gap year as it payed 2-3x as much as being a research tech does in Boston. I'm getting paid more to do my PhD then I would have if I was just a research tech... It's funny how underpaid biologists are...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I work in application support. From my experience so far if there's an application you use there are typically 3 tiers.
Development - just what you think they do.
Deployment- This team deploys the code pretty smart and act as a bridge.
Application Support - Fixes the application when something goes wrong.

I started out in the military... worked a few years as a Network engineer... Came back had a resume out and got scouted by the company I work for now... App support is a varied group and usually you have folks with many different specialties working together... My current team consists of one guy who is a Dev, A DBA, A systems Admin, and me... I've learned tons about those areas and can solve most issues and they can solve most network issues but we all play our roles in our specialties but yeah... this wasn't the job I envisioned for myself but I'm happy it's the job I have.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Literally have had one job since I was 18 as a printing press operator. Still the same company too. I'm 35 now for reference. I Don't think I'd know what to do if this palce ever closed down. Pretty much the only thing I know.

Back