Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

R.I.P. Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Not everyone is a fan of Prince, and I totally get that, he is a little... different. To me that is what made him so great. I am not a huge fan, but I can recognize the impact he has made on music.

One example is Justin Timberlake (I'm not exactly a fan of his either, but this is a great example of Prince's influence on other artists)

From Justin Timberlake's facebook:
It was Raspberry Beret. I was 4 years old. Yes, 4. I remember that I instantly loved it. "Mommy, who is that singing?" Seems weird but it's true.
More than a "once in a lifetime" artist... Just a ONCE IN FOREVER ARTIST. I'm still in shock as I write this and I feel this overwhelming grief. But, we should all turn away from that and HONOR this musician that changed all of our lives, our perspectives, our feeling, our whole being. From another planet? Probably. Royalty, for sure. Us worthy..? Laughable.
They say don't meet your idols... That they let you down. But, some of my greatest, funniest (yes, he was hilarious), and most prolific encounters and conversations about music came from the moments that I spent with him. It would be silly to say that he has inspired our music... It's beyond that.
He's somewhere within every song I've ever written.
I am sad, but I will smile when I think of every second that I had the fortune of being in his company. We have lost our greatest living musician. But his music will never die.
Prince, NOTHING COMPARES...

Just saw this on twitter and had to share, another artist's example of how Prince was an inspiration.

(btw T is Taylor the other member of Paramore, if you didn't know)

REMOVED

I could probably find examples all day if I looked. :)

And because Chvrches is my favorite band..

Reaction score
Just bumping this because it was the second anniversary of Prince's death and I'm still sad and I listened to him all weekend.

If anyone infracts me for this old bump it's actually illegal because it's celebrating Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back