Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RaGEZONE Awards 2017] Help shape the awards, you're our only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, fellow RaGEZONErs, 'tis I, LDM, the one and only EVO Supervisor.

I'm asking each and every single one of you to help shape this year's RaGEZONE Awards.

The new thing is that the voting will begin in mid-November and end by mid-December.
But that's where my fountain of glorious ideas runs dry and where you come in.

Last year we [strike]wrongfully decided to exclude the funniest user award[/strike] decided to have the following categories:
Most Popular
Best Newcomer(s)
King Joffrey Award
Most Professional
Most Missed
Geekiest User
Greatest User Ever
RaGEZONE witch
Staff Member Of The Year
Friendliest
Most Promising Developer
Most Loveable
Want To Meet IRL
Most Helpful
Biggest Spammer
Best Developer
Most Respected User
Best Avatar
Best Signature
Most Active User

I'd totes love you if you could dish out some sensible ideas and/or new categories for this year's awards.
The limit is still 20 categories.

Why I am running this so early? Because I can.
Suggestions will stay open until the 10th of November.
There's still a lot of wiggle room, so take your time to think it through.
Oh, and do please spread the word.

XOXOXO,
LDM

Put Community First
Reaction score
Yeah not sure I fill a category either, lol. As for thinking of categories, it's hard when those cover so much already.

I guess Best Avatar and Best Signature could roll into Best Portfolio and open way to more engagement with the 'The Portfolio' forum as well as avatars and signatures, perhaps? And then there's a spare slot as well.

Other than that I'm not really sure.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Looking at how the Best Newcomer award was (ab)used last year, I'd like to vote for it to be either removed or to have a two-vote-minimum requirement.

Other than that I agree with what was said above. The listed awards cover so much already, I can't think of a new one.

Reaction score
so sad when you can't fill any category

Yeah not sure I fill a category either, lol. As for thinking of categories, it's hard when those cover so much already.

What kind of categories you see yourself filling? What makes you think you won't get a mention in any of the other categories?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
ragezone witch should be dropped for camp fag

bring back funniest user

please respect my baby my listening only to my wishes xxx

Put Community First
Reaction score
@LordDemonMan Well, I really just think I do my role as Moderator. I don't think I particularly trump anyone else in doing it, just a cog in the machine so to speak.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
How about best super mod who's been here for a decade?

no seriously: the best newcomer was abused and it was sad. It should only be people who were actually new. i remember getting this award my first year (couldn't find a banner for it later i think we didn't have them?) So we need a way for things to not be abused, or we need to not be dicks and abuse things :)

Staff member
Reaction score
Newcomers one was abused? How about The Most Open User or Global User - stands for someone who has practically been everywhere and open about engaging with tons of threads and different sections.

Reaction score
I guess Best Avatar and Best Signature could roll into Best Portfolio and open way to more engagement with the 'The Portfolio' forum as well as avatars and signatures, perhaps? And then there's a spare slot as well.
Spare slots can be made, should the situation really ask for it.
And, as an unspoken rule, Best Artist automatically goes to the one who's making the userbars.

no campfag? this is malarkey!
After Alfons absconded, you're 5ever the campiest of campfags. <3
ragezone witch should be dropped for camp fag
bring back funniest user
please respect my baby my listening only to my wishes xxx
The Campfag award is part of the legacy. As for the funniest,
lA9L9fE - [RaGEZONE Awards 2017] Help shape the awards, you're our only hope. - RaGEZONE Forums

@LordDemonMan Well, I really just think I do my role as Moderator. I don't think I particularly trump anyone else in doing it, just a cog in the machine so to speak.
There's Staff Member of The Year. How about we make it staff members of the year?
Sexy Beast award
Why suggest a competition if you're the only possible winner?
Biggest Troll Of RZ award.
:lol:
All the greatest trolls of yore left or mellowed out, so it's.... ehh.
Lurker Award
You don't see people getting awarded for being dead, do you? (Before you object, the Darwin award is given for chlorinating the gene pool.)
Looking at how the Best Newcomer award was (ab)used last year, I'd like to vote for it to be either removed or to have a two-vote-minimum requirement.
Other than that I agree with what was said above. The listed awards cover so much already, I can't think of a new one.
How about best super mod who's been here for a decade?
no seriously: the best newcomer was abused and it was sad. It should only be people who were actually new. i remember getting this award my first year (couldn't find a banner for it later i think we didn't have them?) So we need a way for things to not be abused, or we need to not be dicks and abuse things :)

Best Madison Award.

But yes, I do think it's best reserved exclusively for the new people that have joined in the last year (or two tops).

Newcomers one was abused? How about The Most Open User or Global User - stands for someone who has practically been everywhere and open about engaging with tons of threads and different sections.
That's pretty much the biggest spammer.

I think we could do without Most Promising Developer, because Best Developer pretty much covers it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
So firstly I think that the awards shouldn't be organized by "somebody random" again (no offense Ben). The amount of people participating and voting have probably never been as low as last year, especially when talking about the thread where people could submit their idea for a userbar. I also think that the awards should get way more promotion in general, like a message in people's inboxes and while browsing the forum. Just a suggestion of course.

Then I also want to suggest a couple of categories:

- Biggest lady
- Biggest troublemaker
- Most creative
- Most politically correct
- Biggest spoiled brat

Hope you can find some pearls in the list, have fun with this whole shebang @LordDemonMan.

Reaction score
I quit earlier this year so I’m still eligible for staff member of the year evry1

So firstly I think that the awards shouldn't be organized by "somebody random" again (no offense Ben). The amount of people participating and voting have probably never been as low as last year, especially when talking about the thread where people could submit their idea for a userbar. I also think that the awards should get way more promotion in general, like a message in people's inboxes and while browsing the forum. Just a suggestion of course.

Then I also want to suggest a couple of categories:

- Biggest lady
- Biggest troublemaker
- Most creative
- Most politically correct
- Biggest spoiled brat

Hope you can find some pearls in the list, have fun with this whole shebang @LordDemonMan.

You’d win in all of these eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back