Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What does RaGEZONE do good and what it misses?

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Right so I kept asking myself, why do I keep getting back at RaGEZONE when I no longer have any interest in MMOs? I mean it is a friendly community, don't get me wrong, check out this Spamzilla and you'll see the warm welcome mudkip gives, but you you might say, hey I can get this kind of action anywhere else, right? Not really, no. So here's my list of what RaGEZONE does to keep me coming back and what it doesn't do but still makes me wanna check it out:

Pros:

• Spamzilla has created a culture where everyone feel like family members
  • You get to meet extraordinary people
  • MMO private servers maybe?

Where it can get better:

• Promote community interaction by holding up contests or challanges
  • Consider investing time into live games that involves the community

Opinions?

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much in the same position. I have no interest in mmo anymore and I can't even remember what most code is anymore. However I can't bring myself to leave and now that I'm running Entertainment I feel that I'm still contributing to the forums regardless of my loss of interest in MMO.

You've pretty much covered the pros. Some of the people on here are great and the only down side that hasn't been mentioned is that the arcade still hasn't been brought back. Sad panda.

Reaction score
I was uninterested in MMOs and MMO development like 6 months after I joined. But I Ducking loved everything else about the forum. The very specific few users that literally had me lol'ing, the RaGE Parties (even though I've never been able to go, USA problems~) but just seeing a community that interacted like that, especially irl, was pretty special. Modding brought me closer to RZ, and I blew that a few times, but made friends along the way. Positive community engagement outside of the MMO sections is what makes everyone stay. It's sad to see that it's taken a turn for the worse in recent years. Not much happens in OW or Evo sections, at least compared to pre-2008/2009. I constantly revisit the forum via the internet archive and view threads from old members and wish it were still happening. But, people grow, scenes fade, and you gotta choose to fold your cards or stay.

The community is what makes RZ "RZ". People come for the developments, but stay for the friendships.

P.S. cypher you feel pretty strongly for Spamzilla, I still am pretty strongly against it. I think it should be canned.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ragezone is awesome enough. Just let people arugue more and let then loose themself.

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i pretty much love everything about ragezone, i came firstly because of the muonline section but little by little i started losing interest in the game, i stay because i met some good people here.

pros:
- the forum is pretty much perfect
- lots of releases and variety of content and games
- amazing people

contras:
- a lot of flaming in pretty much every section (it still makes laugh a lot watching them fight so its not that big of a problem).

Reaction score
It all start with MuOnline, i dont play it anymore, but i love to contribute and share my experience from it.

Pros:

• Organised forum
  • Stable and mostly online without issues + Tapatalk for mobile makes it easier to surf.
  • friendly community and mods

Where it can get better:

• PM box for normal members = 100 messages i have to delete atleast weekly my inbox (not thaat important)
  • Organising a Contributor team just for contributors and supporters of this forum
  • More funny events :)

Reaction score
Which fb groups?

All of them? Why join a dead forum and wait a day for anyone to reply to a thread, when you can join literally any facebook group for what you're looking for with thousands of active members, and get responses within seconds?

I used to still prefer forums, didn't want to accept the change. The only usefulness of forums are an information archive. People prefer immediate responses over looking up information these days. The new generation sucks.

Reaction score
All of them? Why join a dead forum and wait a day for anyone to reply to a thread, when you can join literally any facebook group for what you're looking for with thousands of active members, and get responses within seconds?

I used to still prefer forums, didn't want to accept the change. The only usefulness of forums are an information archive. People prefer immediate responses over looking up information these days. The new generation sucks.

I prefer ragezone than anything else when it comes to MMORPG Development.
Which group in fb would provide such sections/information and activity like for example in MuSection?
This forum is old and therefore there are lot of usefull things and off course useless because people can't update their dead links which is not just their fault, those threads could've been moved to an Archive bin forum if there was with dead links or updated by Mods of the sections.

Point is thats a mmo forum not social like others, people get redirected here for things related to mmo development and ofcourse in the parent forums there are few different sections but the main point is the mmorpg development in my point of view and its made perfectly and organised successfully for that.

There are currently 2179 users online. 429 members and 1750 guests - that aint dead forum just because ur activity is. Show me a facebook group where people provide files and help and tutorials for MuOnline which is active aswell.

Reaction score
It exists, Developer rank.
Yes i realised that, Developer - Recognised and trusted content developers
You have to be choosen to become that if i am right? i am talking about a rank where anyone can achieve by helping the forum and contributing/supporting to people, even if it would have its own section with a team preparing projects and organising the best ways to support the forum.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
  • Spamzilla has created a culture where everyone feel like family members

I wish I felt that way about it. I haven't felt like I belonged for ages. I remember the actual last person posting here thread, and that was fun... since then though.. hm.

Yes i realised that, Developer - Recognised and trusted content developers
You have to be choosen to become that if i am right? i am talking about a rank where anyone can achieve by helping the forum and contributing/supporting to people, even if it would have its own section with a team preparing projects and organising the best ways to support the forum.
Yep, you get nominated by one of them or something, which is how you can achieve it. You are basically describing the whole point of that rank, that's just not really how it plays out. The section is pretty quiet.

Reaction score
I dont really know what and if Developers have been given any powers over the forum i.e deleting posts. A Contributor / Supporter wouldn't need any of that. Instead he helps around people on posts, reports posts and contributes whatever he believes its useful on the forums.

It makes the chance for anyone in the forum to earn it just by doing it consistently and not to be earned by people who know programming/designing etc. Those members should have a different rank cuz they obviously work on the forum in a different way.

Back