Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Year in Review, 2018 Edition.

Reaction score
Gather round, boys, girls, and everyone in-betwixt. ‘Tis the season for reviewing your years. Have you been naughty? Have you been nice? Fess up, busters.

While we’re writing our own summaries, let’s give a hearty applause to all the megacorps who released their own year-in-reviews.
Let’s start with the Internet’s darling, Google.

I shan’t link to YouTube Rewind as it’s utter poopie, its only achievement is topping Bieber’s Baby as the most disliked YouTube video.
Then there’s Twitter with its #[strike]MeTo[/strike]ThisHappened

Facebook decided not to torture its interns this year and made a modest post about 2018:

But enough about all these relatable and personable companies, Japan made the headlines with its succinct summary of 2018:

Have I missed something or someone? Feel free to add it here.
So, people of RaGEZONE, how was your 2018? What are your hopes and dreams for 2019? We’re all ears.
As for me,
I can’t say it was terrible. It wasn’t awesome either. The year just happened, like all the years before it, all the good and bad things just make two different piles.
In mid-January Dad went through an operation for prostate cancer, it was scary. No, it was downright terrifying. Not because I didn’t know how things would turn out, but because I, as someone with a medical degree, know how bad things can get. Time and time again I am beginning to think that ignorance is bliss and knowledge increaseth sorrow.
But I digress.
Life went on. He got a few different operations for a different but related issues at later dates. He’s all better now, cancer free, so far, fast approaching his one-year anniversary of being so.
In July sister dearest decided to pursue happiness in Germany, with varying degrees of success.
I talked my residency coordinator into letting me transfer over to my hometown hospital for two years, so I’ve got that thing going.
Also, yours truly managed to procure enough money to purchase myself a decent pc (yay PC master race). I mean, sure, I borrowed some money, but I am halfway through returning it and it’s only been two months.
A few other things happened as well, cut some people out here, made some friends there, but I won’t bore you with these little things.
So yeah, life goes on. I’ve grown more as a future Internist and a person. Not sure what kind of growth that is, but it’s there and hopefully it’s benign.
Got to brave the storm, walk tall etc.
My hopes and wants for 2019? I am a selfish lad, I only want for Mum and Dad not to join the choir invisible just yet. I’d also want for my sister to find that better life she’s looking for.
Finally, I hope disasters stay away from all of you in 2019.
So that’s pretty much all I wanted to say.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well done to your dad! It takes a lot to soldier through something so life threatening! I'm no medical expert like yourself, but I have a member of my family who has been through it twice and she's still going strong!

So... 2018... I'll leave it short but sweet.
Honestly, it's been a great year for me. I got a stable job with good income, meaning that I can pursue my goals with my car project(s). Since losing my licence 2 years ago, I've passed my theory test with a score of 49/50 and I'm going for my practical after the new year.

Other than that not much has happened. Just having a stable income means that most of the worries I once had are now gone. Hopefully 2019 will keep delivering and maybe I'll finally finish a project, but who knows...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I feel for you mate, my grandfather has beaten his second cancer in the beginning of the year; fortunately enough, it was found really quickly and it was fast and easy to cure - as fast and easy as curing cancer can be, of course.

But yeah, it's strange to see that 2018's already ending. Is it just me, or have we dashed through this year something like 3 times faster than we went through 2016 or 2017? I feel as if last year is just yesterday, something I've never experienced.

Reaction score
But yeah, it's strange to see that 2018's already ending. Is it just me, or have we dashed through this year something like 3 times faster than we went through 2016 or 2017? I feel as if last year is just yesterday, something I've never experienced.

When you're 10, a year is 1/10 of your life, when you're 20, a year is 1/20 of your life, so it's rather natural it will feel like the passage of time is getting faster as you get older.

Reaction score

Time goes really fast. The most important task during your lifetime is to make sure to achieve your dreams, and make them come true. If the odds are against you then you can be proud about the fact that you've tried at least. Hope you'll have a great year in 2019!

Edit: Here's a small gift from me to you :)

Last edited:
Back