Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rish 1, Dell 0

Reaction score
So after having a few issues with my Alienware M11x R2, i managed to not only talk Dell into giving me a full refund for my laptop, but also giving me the same discount on my next purchase.

M11x R2:
i7 U640 @ 1.2GHz dual-core with HT 1st gen
4GB DDR3 800MHz
320GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Nvidia 1GB 355M with Optimus

M11x R3:
i5 2467M @ 1.6GHz dual-core with HT 2nd gen
6GB DDR3 1333MHz
320GB 7200RPM SATA 3
Nvidia 1GB 540M with Optimus

Not only did i get the R3 for $100 cheaper than the R2, i also got an upgraded wireless card & accidental warranty which covers the laptop no matter what happens to it. Not bad for $750.

Oh yea, don't Ducking mess with The Rish! :thumbup:

Reaction score
Dell wants (and I'm not even exaggerating/joking) $1,000 for a 16GB RAM upgrade.

When you order an Alienware, the trick is to purchase the absolute base model and then buy all upgrades yourself. For the $750 i spent, i can definitely afford to put in a Crucial M4 SSD as the primary boot drive. Dell wanted $600 just to put in a miscellaneous SSD.

Also the i7 was $200 more and had the same amount of cores and ran at almost the same frequency, with 1MB of extra cache. Yea, not something i needed lol.

These are the "low power" processors BTW, running off the Optimus chip I'm looking at 6-7 hours of battery life.

Reaction score
Since when have i7s only had 2 cores though? I thought they were just the new name for core2quads, i5s for core2duo and i3s for single cores. Maybe I've just lost touch with the hardware updates though, lol. Seems a bit crappy to not have 4 cores though considering they were pretty standard last generation for new PCs.

But yeah@SSD. Just hope it doesn't void any of the warranty =/

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They must have been like duck can't understand anything with that damn Australian accent. Give him anything he wants!

If you gotta deal with Dell, who you gonna call?

Rishbusters!

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They must have been like duck can't understand anything with that damn Australian accent. Give him anything he wants!

Rishbusters!

Or you could call Dell.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're no comparison. Not even remotely close.

Reaction score
Since when have i7s only had 2 cores though? I thought they were just the new name for core2quads, i5s for core2duo and i3s for single cores. Maybe I've just lost touch with the hardware updates though, lol. Seems a bit crappy to not have 4 cores though considering they were pretty standard last generation for new PCs.

But yeah@SSD. Just hope it doesn't void any of the warranty =/
The "low power" i7's and i5's all only have 2 cores (with Hyperthreading) and turbo-boost up to almost 3GHz.

Even when speedstep lowers them down to 600MHz they still perform better than a 5GHz Pentium 4. There is no need for 4 cores, and if you really do need it then you're ordering the wrong model lol.

And Dell lets consumers change the RAM + HDD + keyboard without voiding warranty. For the system board or LCD they send out a technician for a free in-home repair.

Rishbusters!
Oh i went ape poop on their butt. I spelled poop out like they were in Ducking kindergarten. When i was done with them, they all needed to re-sit their Dell certification!
Or you could call Dell.
YOU WOULDN'T HELP ME! :*:

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No I meant the company Dell LOL.

I knew this was gonna happen.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
RishFTWin!

Im buying an Alienware laptop soon ill do what you said, and buy the base and work my way from there. :)

Back