Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RZ Awards Discussion

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't agree with what JFA said. I don't see people like ChewBecca, Junkers or even MentaL being voted for much this year.

Instead I see a few new people being very likely to win an award this time (Ben, Gaby, Joorren). And why should they not?

I'm happy for them and happy not to see the same people win the same award this year. People who magically disappeared and show up for the awards time right now. Which is what I feared.

Also for a comment on someone's vote who said: "Wish people would look further than just the mod team when voting. Its too easy I think" I'd like to add:

Sadly 95% of the users of RZ only care about their personal interests. Whether that be server file leaks, downloading contributions, leeching, setting up a p-server, advertising their stuff, merchandise, w / e. Literally if they get what they want, they are gone. Most of them are not really social nor community interested, hence it's no surprise to me that a majority of people who stick their heads outside the MMO sections (mods, subscribers) get voted for a lot here.

I posted reminders for this year's RZ awards in all sections that I moderate. No one of the approx 50 ppl has yet showed up nor left a vote for someone. I also voted 2 or 3 guys out of my favorite MMO section and only one has voted some people back.

Also, didn't we have section awards for the big sections (Habbo, MU) which were specially designed for the people in these in the past years? Well... I don't see them this year.

Forgot me as biggest spammer e.e

"Also, didn't we have section awards for the big sections (Habbo, MU) which were specially designed for the people in these in the past years? Well... I don't see them this year."

Totally agree with you, we can have Section Awards for contributions for that Section, i hope Droppy wins of the Habbo.
And KarLi for MU xDDDD

"I posted reminders for this year's RZ awards in all sections that I moderate. No one of the approx 50 ppl has yet showed up nor left a vote for someone. I also voted 2 or 3 guys out of my favorite MMO section and only one has voted some people back."

Favorite MMO Award, great idea!!!! Really, i liked it. Why we didn't do it next year?

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Forgot me as biggest spammer e.e

You're special :p

Favorite MMO Award, great idea!!!! Really, i liked it. Why we didn't do it next year?

Uhhhmm... I'm confused xD The future is not able to resolve this question. He meant that no one from his favorite MMO section voted for anyone this year (except one lovely person).

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, there are far too many redundant categories right now (ie. most helpful with friendliest, etc) which is confusing so people simply vote the same person for the award or either skip it or put the second person they think has the same qualities next to the first person on the other award. I believe you can remove some of those and add more distinct awards.

One way we can involve more MMO users and add more MMO development related categories is to reduce and filter redundant awards. The rule of 20 is right, because having more than that will make more people win and make awards less significant, specially if the same people are winning multiple awards.

And I think you should remove timeless awards like "Greatest user ever" as the awards should only be looking within the span of the year it is being held.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
In my opinion, there are far too many redundant categories right now (ie. most helpful with friendliest, etc) which is confusing so people simply vote the same person for the award or either skip it or put the second person they think has the same qualities next to the first person on the other award. I believe you can remove some of those and add more distinct awards.

One way we can involve more MMO users and add more MMO development related categories is to reduce and filter redundant awards. The rule of 20 is right, because having more than that will make more people win and make awards less significant, specially if the same people are winning multiple awards.

And I think you should remove timeless awards like "Greatest user ever" as the awards should only be looking within the span of the year it is being held.

Yea I agree, one of the suggestions was for example to take Most promissing developer in this year, turned out that @DNC took most promising developer and Best developer xD so yea that might have been a bit confusing.

Back