Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    11,611Posts

Re: RZ Awards Discussion

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Also, didn't we have section awards for the big sections (Habbo, MU) which were specially designed for the people in these in the past years? Well... I don't see them this year.
    People have to take time and effort to organize such things, and in the past people have.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you @Ben for taking the time to organize this years awards.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,630Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordDemonMan View Post
    No Funniest User award any more, the message is clear, crystal clear.

Spoiler:
    Sad not to see that award this year xD Already had you on my pre-made list for that :(
    No criticism though, it's nice to see a few new awards :o

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Can I haz "Inactive award" ? pl0xKthx. <3 xo

LegendRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    5,547Posts

Y no mi nation?
    Bow down before the one you serve.

DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,938Posts

@Alfons losing last year's awards broke the space-time continuum and made this happen.

It's all @Junkers fault at the end.

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer / Ex-Moderator

LegendRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    5,547Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droppy View Post
    @Alfons losing last year's awards broke the space-time continuum and made this happen.

It's all @Junkers fault at the end.
    Ah that explains it. That's also why I've lately had these strange tingling sensations in my member right?

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,168Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I honestly can't agree with what JFA said. I don't see people like ChewBecca, Junkers or even MentaL being voted for much this year.

Instead I see a few new people being very likely to win an award this time (Ben, Gaby, Joorren). And why should they not?

I'm happy for them and happy not to see the same people win the same award this year. People who magically disappeared and show up for the awards time right now. Which is what I feared.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for a comment on someone's vote who said: "Wish people would look further than just the mod team when voting. Its too easy I think" I'd like to add:

Sadly 95% of the users of RZ only care about their personal interests. Whether that be server file leaks, downloading contributions, leeching, setting up a p-server, advertising their stuff, merchandise, w / e. Literally if they get what they want, they are gone. Most of them are not really social nor community interested, hence it's no surprise to me that a majority of people who stick their heads outside the MMO sections (mods, subscribers) get voted for a lot here.

I posted reminders for this year's RZ awards in all sections that I moderate. No one of the approx 50 ppl has yet showed up nor left a vote for someone. I also voted 2 or 3 guys out of my favorite MMO section and only one has voted some people back.

Also, didn't we have section awards for the big sections (Habbo, MU) which were specially designed for the people in these in the past years? Well... I don't see them this year.
    Forgot me as biggest spammer e.e

"Also, didn't we have section awards for the big sections (Habbo, MU) which were specially designed for the people in these in the past years? Well... I don't see them this year."

Totally agree with you, we can have Section Awards for contributions for that Section, i hope @Droppy wins of the Habbo.
    And @KarLi for MU xDDDD

"I posted reminders for this year's RZ awards in all sections that I moderate. No one of the approx 50 ppl has yet showed up nor left a vote for someone. I also voted 2 or 3 guys out of my favorite MMO section and only one has voted some people back."

Favorite MMO Award, great idea!!!! Really, i liked it. Why we didn't do it next year?

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,630Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saamus View Post
    Forgot me as biggest spammer e.e
    You're special :P

Quote Originally Posted by saamus View Post
    Favorite MMO Award, great idea!!!! Really, i liked it. Why we didn't do it next year?
    Uhhhmm... I'm confused xD The future is not able to resolve this question. He meant that no one from his favorite MMO section voted for anyone this year (except one lovely person).

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,938Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Negata View Post
    Ah that explains it. That's also why I've lately had these strange tingling sensations in my member right?
    It would totally explain. 2016 sucked and it was all junkers fault

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer / Ex-Moderator

LegendRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    CampingLocation
    5,584Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Negata View Post
    No no, that's still just the chlamydia.

LegendRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    5,547Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No no, that's still just the chlamydia.
    Yet still Junkers' fault isn't it?

LegendRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    8,494Posts

It's my fault and you're all assholes and what did i win @Ben

ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,208Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Gimme few hours just preping the last few things then the thread will be live.

DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,938Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Best newcommer ehauehauhe

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer / Ex-Moderator

The OmegaRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    4,651Posts

In my opinion, there are far too many redundant categories right now (ie. most helpful with friendliest, etc) which is confusing so people simply vote the same person for the award or either skip it or put the second person they think has the same qualities next to the first person on the other award. I believe you can remove some of those and add more distinct awards.

One way we can involve more MMO users and add more MMO development related categories is to reduce and filter redundant awards. The rule of 20 is right, because having more than that will make more people win and make awards less significant, specially if the same people are winning multiple awards.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think you should remove timeless awards like "Greatest user ever" as the awards should only be looking within the span of the year it is being held.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement