• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

One sentence about your dream last night

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had a scary one ;(
I saw my grandfather (who died couple of years ago, RIP) and he came to me with my old dog (put to sleep in 2012) and he asked me "do you want to come with me?", I said "no, mum would be sad". Then i suddenly woke up with chest pain and completely sweaty ! :/

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
It is weird but I haven't had a dream for like a few months. Which is weird.

Also lucid dreaming is pretty cool. I used to be able to when I was a kid haha.
Be sure, you have dreams, always. The problem is you do not remember your dreams. There are plenty of reasons why you cannot remember your dreams, such as stress (you think about problems before sleeping?), wrong staying up (your alarm pushes you out of your bed, a stressful start into the day) or simply lack of concentration (when waking up, you don't ask yourself what you have dreamed?). For my personal training I do log my dreams in a dream diary, lucid or not.
Also important is how you leave your day 30 mins before sleeping. Reading a book is very good, thinking yourself, writing a story you would like to dream. Watching TV or something like that is bad in any way. Most important thing is to have a healthy sleep and your problems off when you lay down, as you have enough time to face problems on the next day.

Can we actually choose our dream?
Yes. When just going to sleep and enter a dream the dream will be formed by any events of your life. You can modify it into a direction when telling you what you will sleep before going to sleep. A full control can be observed by becoming lucid while dreaming (as sunnyboy told ya). You can even have a full sized lucid dream by entering your dream lucid with WILD (wake into lucid dream). This however requires you to do on the next morning as your body will instantly enter the REM (rapid eye movement) phase when falling into sleep again and you can literally enter your dream and leave your bed in your dream.

Don't ask me how many times I've left my body with WILD and crushed my window with my fist to finally fly out and explore my city and other strange places like a flying Saiyan, seriously.

WILD is so easy on weekend as you get time for another sleep session after waking up the regular time of weekdays. It's quite enjoyable.

Reaction score
Here is my lucid dreaming tutorial i wrote with some research back then:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming
Everyone has a dream after sleeping ,
some people might been dreaming too deep that they will not memorize anything after waking up.
The thing is that we humans do not care about dreaming mostly , we just want to take some rest
instead. But alot of people sleep for different reasons including to rest after day of work etc.
Some, dont like to dream because they have bad dreams or wouldn't feel good after they wake up
Well if you want to have a nice experience while you are sleeping , Lucid Dreaming is the Beloved one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes
The first important thing in Lucid Dreaming is to believe in it and never give it up because
you will always have the chance to Lucid Dream since you have to sleep every Day/Night.
The second important thing is to practise and be patient,
we all know that without practise we can't expect any results.
The last important thing is to remember your dreams and stay always Positive and Confident.
If you have any sleeping health problems talk with your personal doctor before starting.
My Experience
When i was a kid i had alot of type of dreams and i never knew about what dreams they were.
So then after many years i've got really interested in Dreaming, and i went ahead and researched about it.
I realised that many of my past dreams i had were Lucid Dreams and i didn't even knew that there is such
a thing such as "Lucid Dreaming" so i've got even more interested and i went all over the internet and
researched the way to start Lucid Dreaming . For me it is like when you start learning or lets say practising
about something you want to achieve , especially in Lucid Dreaming you will it get earlier than expected.
The reason i am saying that, one day (after few weeks of practising) i was reading few articles and tipps
about Lucid Dreaming and after i finished i went ahead to sleep, and i had my first Lucid Dream.
So if you are really interested in Lucid Dreaming i am sure you will Lucid very soon.

Getting Started

Dream Journal
What is a Dream Journal? A dream journal will be the place where you will write down your
daily dreams, anything you recall after waking up should be written there .
You can't imagine how important thing is to recall your dreams by writing them down to your Journal .
It could be a journal , a notepad file in computer , anything organised and related only to your Dreams.
No matter how short your dream was , try hard and take your time to remember it.
This will increase your Dream Recall skill which is highly recommended to practise.
You can download for free the Dream Journal app for Windows if you like from here:

Knowledge
Why knowledge? seeking more and more knowledge about what you want to practise is really important.
Don't just read few articles and think it's easy and it will happen, seek more knowledge and it will
help you and your mind remember about dreaming , some people start learning and they get dissapointed
because of negative results after just few days and give up their efforts.
What happens is you start loosing your knowledge and forgetting about your Dreaming goals.
Try to learn everyday even one piece of thing about Dreaming and be patient , it will help you alot.

Awareness
What about awareness? real life and dreaming life has different type of awareness .
For example in your dreams you can do things you cannot do in your real life, so being aware
of what you are doing in your life how vivid it is and the environment of it, it will help you
realise in your sleep whether you are dreaming or not.
Try to be aware of your waking life , its not that easy but with practise you will get there.
Listen to things around you, feel the weather around you and touch different objects.
Feel the way you walk , the way your body moves the way people walk , the way you breath etc.
If you practise even a little bit everyday it will show you difference and help you realise if your dreaming.

Reality Check:
What is reality check? Reality check is the tool to Lucid Dream.
Doing reality check is important in order to lucid dream. Everyday you use your fingers to
write something to use something to hold something etc , thats a reality check too.
So if you practise reality checking everyday by counting for example your fingers
turning off and on your lights, opening doors, talking and repeating phrases etc
it will help you realise that you are dreaming much easier.
Sleep Paralysis
What is sleep paralysis? for me sleep paralysis is when i sleep and i wake up but i am still
half asleep and i cannot control my self except my eyes and my head.
So when you are in Sleep Paralysis you cannot do anything except trying to close your eyes and Dream.
When you get in sleep paralysis you will hear things , think that someone is behind you and such.
Don't get scared just stay calm knowning that you are dreaming , after a while you might be able to control
your self by entering a dream or either waking up in your own room (in a dream) and see things differently
and do whatever you wish to. Remember that you are dreaming and the dream world is created by you
So try not to be scared or nervous and it will help you control your self.
''Aggregating across studies (total N=36,533), 7.6% of the general population, 28.3% of students, and 31.9% of psychiatric patients experienced at least one episode of sleep paralysis.'' by Elsevier Ltd.
Dream Control
Now this is really useful thing to practise, controlling your Dreams.
While you are dreaming sometimes you feel like you want to do something but
you cannot, and specially when you realise that you are Lucid Dreaming you cannot control
your self and you just wake up.
When you get into a Lucid Dream , don't rush to do something , stand up and control your self focus
by rubbing your hands or moving your body parts or you can pick up any object slowly and move it
then if you see some Dream Character you can try to talk to him , find out who he is or follow him and try
to find out how he become there. you need also to know who you are
for example: in real life your hair is long but in dream you might have short hair.
or you might have 6 fingers in each hand, who knows? its' a dream so everything's possible.
If you are outdoors , try to look at the sky , try to change your weather by thinking of it.
You can even change your dream scene just by thinking about it .
So basically when you dream you can do anything you want , just don't rush it.
One thing that annoyed me is when i entered a Lucid Dream and i was excited and wanted to have fun
and i remember that "I am still in my bed" it throw me out of my dream , which means in that moment
you should be thinking only about your current scene and controlling it, if you think that you are
in your bed you will obviously wake up in your bed, just think about whats next.
You can even say "Stabilize now!" and you will be stabilized and ready to explore your dream.
If your dream is starting to loose control you will have to stop whatever you are doing and
restabilize it.

Notes:
There is nothing wrong if you fail to control your dream, if you keep practising
and improving your skills, slowly you will be able to control them easily.
All you need is patience,concetration and to give an effort.
Lucid Dreaming Methods
There are different methods of Lucid Dreaming, so stick to one if possible .
Two most used methods to Lucid Dream in my opinion are:
Wake Induced Lucid Dreams (WILD)
WILD happens when you wake up during sleep and you fall asleep back again
or perhaps you fall asleep while your mind is aware and waits untill a dream is ready to enter.
How it works? You go to sleep for few hours, it should be more than 1 hour and you set up your alarm
to wake you up , or you wake up accidently yourself and you stay conscious with opened eyes
and relax for few minutes , think about a dream you want to join and create a world in your mind.
Close your eyes and relax , while relaxing you should be thinking that soon you will enter a dream.
You might see some pictures (visions) but you have to ignore them .
Keep telling to your self "I Will Lucid Dream!" keep thinking that you will Lucid Dream untill it happens
You can confirm that you are dreaming by doing Reality Check.

Dream Induced Lucid Dreams (DILD)
DILD happens while you are in a dream and you see something and realise that you are dreaming.
So the way to lucid dream with that Method is to reality check or/and repeat a Mantra.
Mantra is a phrase you repeat for example "I am Lucid Dreaming!" ,"I Will Lucid Dream!" etc.
Before you fall asleep keep repeating to your self the Mantras and do a few reality checks
with your hands/feet/nose/body/change something and ask your self if you are dreaming .
You do that so when you enter a dream you will remember it and repeat it so you can realise that
you are dreaming.
If you are interested in other methods such us (MILD,FILD) you can search them on the Internet
or message me and i will be able to inform you about them.
Finalizing
If you are ready to start practising Lucid Dreaming get your Dream Journal
Try to recall your dreams and write them everytime down , do reality checks in real life and in Dream Life
Be always positive of your actions , never be afraid of anything. If you will get in state where you are
frightened and you cannot control yourself or anything , try to push your whole body out of the dream
and open your eyes directly (that's what i do). If anyone is doubting you for what you are doing
dont get dissapointed ignore them and do it for you and yourself.
Practise makes perfect!

Written by Spartakos K.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Here is my lucid dreaming tutorial i wrote with some research back then:

Great tutorial Spartakos K. :zippy:

Anyway, the tutorial misses a few points in the WILD method, such as you must not think about any pictures (the movie you have before sleeping) when trying WILD on the morning. You have to see the black wall that forces your mind to stay awake while the body gets deaf. This is really massive, because you will reach a point your body starts to increase the heart pulse massively. You body will be itchy on some places, so your brain tries to trick you and get you into moving (a brain check your mind is already sleeping or not). Once you cross that point and your body is fully deaf, you can imagine to move your body, and hell, it will work, you will move and leave your body. Another way is to think on a place you are now on that state, and you can enter the place, finally.

KarLi - One sentence about your dream last night - RaGEZONE Forums
Also, sleeping only 1 hour before doing WILD is not recommend. The problem is you will enter more deep phases after entering the WILD. This will cause some problems to beginner on remembering the dream. Eventually you will fall back to a non lucid dream when entering the REM phase after the intro REM phase.

Once you are dreaming your own imagination are the rules of physics, so you can i.e. let things fly around if you feel for that.
Those weird things and own possible physics-forces can be used as reality checks for entering a dream with DILD or stabilization of lucid dreams at all. I prefer those:
- Closing nose and mouth with one hand and you can still breath (because you are not really closing your mouth and nose)
- looking on any clock, paper or anything else, looking away, and looking back, if it's different, then I'm dreaming
- Clocks also have wrong times, always. Once my clock was showing 63:91 in my dream
- Electricity does not work, unless you want it to work (your own way) when being lucid
- Throwing a pen into the air and saying "GET STUCK IN THE AIR, NOW!" in your mind will really let the pen get stuck in the air when dreaming

Lucid dream instances are really wishy washy in the beginning of the instance, you have to be patient. So on the beginning of the lucidity in my current dream I usually do some (more) reality checks while waiting for a consolidation of the lucid dream. This will even make you more lucid and the view becomes even more real and crystal clear. Another trick is to repeat those checks while you are lucid, because you can forget it easily.
Another point I want to add to this tutorial is to beware the brain really tries to trick you. I remember a dream where I was lucid and then my brother woke me up. I was mad on him, telling him I was lucid and he destroyed it, because it was so great. The thing was, I was still dreaming and lost my lucidity by believing on woken up. So beware, you might stay up and you are still sleeping.
Also once it happened to me that I was lucid but did not know what I really want to do. I lost the lucid state again. You can easily lose it again. So I always need to know what my next lucid adventure should be and I'm telling it to me before sleeping.

And to sum up, when anything strange happens in my life, I ask the question to myself "Do I am dreaming right now?" and do a reality check, not "This can only be a dream." without trying to find out. This is the key for DILD and stabilization of lucid dreams at all, but it costs discipline.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've only had 1 lucid dream, and it was very unpleasant to say the least.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I was capable of controlling my dream! :'D

Back