Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Does anyone know where shops that sell games buy their games?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been thinking about creating my online shop to sell games and how cool it would be, nothing serious just a few thoughts and i really have no idea where do these big shops you see everywhere get their games... Well they must get them atleast 50% cheaper than other normal people

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so you ask this question on an mmo forum? o.0

"[h=1]Forum: The Outerworld[/h]Beware! Our off-topic community section, anything and everything is discussed here."

Chill bruh, but if you want you can delete the post

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
They do get it cheaper because they buy in bulk but not 50% cheaper something much less. I have no answer to where they get it from however it will help you to get primary information so just call them up, I am positive they will tell you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They do get it cheaper because they buy in bulk but not 50% cheaper something much less. I have no answer to where they get it from however it will help you to get primary information so just call them up, I am positive they will tell you.

Thanks

Reaction score
It's actually quite different from reseller to reseller.
Usually they buy them in bulk, and there's official sources (publishers) and unofficial sources (anything from legit sources, to stolen copies, to someone basically selling them off of the back of their truck).

OffTopic, but kinda on topic as well:
There's a lot of controversy as well surrounding online resellers lately, where companies (online) would sell stolen copies, and then the publisher/developer would figure out which copies had actually been stolen, and disabling them. Unfortunately hurting the end customer.
Here's an example of that happening:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's actually quite different from reseller to reseller.
Usually they buy them in bulk, and there's official sources (publishers) and unofficial sources (anything from legit sources, to stolen copies, to someone basically selling them off of the back of their truck).

OffTopic, but kinda on topic as well:
There's a lot of controversy as well surrounding online resellers lately, where companies (online) would sell stolen copies, and then the publisher/developer would figure out which copies had actually been stolen, and disabling them. Unfortunately hurting the end customer.
Here's an example of that happening:

I see this is a business that only works for rich people...

Reaction score
I see this is a business that only works for rich people...

Well, not really. I mean you need capital to buy in stock, but you need to do that to open up a little kiosk too. You usually need to invest in order to open up a company, regardless if you buy vegetables and meat to open up a small restaurant or if you need to buy in stock to start a game store...

It's just how capitalism works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i remember correctly i saw somewhere an advertisement about online e-shop for 10 €/month, so try to find out from google search engine about online e-shop or even tutorial videos, maybe you'll get any idea about it i think..

Back