Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SimCIty, about to be the lowest rated item on Amazon

Reaction score
Haha get the duck over yourself kid. Just because I don't want to waste $60 on a broken game doesn't mean I'm poor. If you want to spend mommies money then parade around saying how good a broken game is, then be my guest. Your signature is more than enough proof that you're a fanboy shill.

This is a good example of someone realizing they're wrong. Take note everyone.

Reaction score
Let the record show that I am defending Sim City 5, and not EA as a company. After all, this thread is about Sim City 5, and not EA.

Exactly, you can like a product without liking the company that made it. In fact I'd say most people do that without realising it. The amount of shady poop corporations do these days in the pursuit of profit, the only people who have a legit reason to like them are the ones making millions. That's the reason they fund charities through corporate social responsibility stuff, to make them look less evil.

Personally I don't think companies should have been allowed to grow so big. Diversity should have been valued more, now if you want to mass release a game you have what 5? to choose from. I'd say thankfully steam/kickstarter has sort of bypassed the publishers, but everyone hates online connectively now right?

Oh and Raptor, the vocal majority =/= the entire simcity fan base. Clearly you have a few players in this thread who like the game. I haven't heard of anyone really dislike it, just be annoyed at certain features. It's a vast improvement over sc4 in many aspects of the game, just not in actual simulation (which granted is a real shame). The problem is you are asking too much from a game, it simply can't simulate 350k persistent (let alone a million if they increased the map size!) people at a decent speed. As far as I'm aware no urban planning simulation runs at this level of detail (though they do let you customise buildings!). And seriously, if there was, why would you even be interested in SimCity? Though I suppose a professional version would cost you around 100x that of sc5 box price, lol, not to mention you'd probably need a degree to actually use it. From my quick google search, even the world leading software would only do traffic alone, and probably need a server to run it anyway.

So yeah, I think the issue is people being delusional as to what is technically possible.

Back