Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sparkling Name + Userglow

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
<span class="glow-elite">'.$user.'</span>

.css
Code:
.glow-elite {
    color: #FF6C00;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-shadow: 2px 0px 11px #FFA05C;
    background: url('images/backround6.gif') repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
}

bg gif -> http://forum.ragezone.com/images/backround6.gif

so basically, if your forum soft doesn't support custom usernames by default, all you have to do is find mod, or add css class name to username variable in code which is responsible for displaying usernames base on id or whateva, and eventually switch depending on user-group/post count or anything you wish, however require some php/mysql knowledge, or language your forum is originally coded.

y0.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
<span class="glow-elite">'.$user.'</span>

.css
Code:
.glow-elite {
    color: #FF6C00;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-shadow: 2px 0px 11px #FFA05C;
    background: url('images/backround6.gif') repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
}

bg gif -> http://forum.ragezone.com/images/backround6.gif

so basically, if your forum soft doesn't support custom usernames by default, all you have to do is find mod, or add css class name to username variable in code which is responsible for displaying usernames base on id or whateva, and eventually switch depending on user-group/post count or anything you wish, however require some php/mysql knowledge, or language your forum is originally coded.

y0.
In what .css file do I add that class and where is it located? (I'm using vBulletin 4.2.1)

f793
Reaction score
You can just change it in IPBoard. <span> style and that's it.

I'll give you a code and you'll figure it out:

Here code which MentaL is using for Administrator:

<span style='color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 2px 0px 11px #00aeff ;'><span style='background: transparent url(http://forum.ragezone.com/images/backround16.gif)'>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
vb limits the field length though.. big problem.
Yeah that's why I was asking in what .css file I could add a class. Adding style in a <span> tag (any HTML tag for that matter) is bad practice imo. Just like you link a stylesheet in your html instead of doing the entire style in the <head> tags.

I fixed it by going into AdminCP > Styles and Templates > Search in Templates > search for 'additional.css' and just add a class in there. After that go into usergroups, select the group you want to edit and use:
<span class="name of class added in additional.css"> Username </span>

Thanks for the help everyone. :thumbup:

Back