Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

T'is a sad day for Gamers...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
They're not going to develop their own games anymore, however, they will still use their name as a licensing system for other game developers i.e. if EA made a Star Wars game Lucas Arts would have to give their stamp of approval. I don't really mind, some of the best Star Wars games weren't even created by Lucas Arts; look at Knights of the Old Republic, for example.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds like Mickey Mouse only has to grow a mustache and this Anschluss becomes quite a deja-vu

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No one cares. Bad franchise. Horrible games.

The real question: why did Disney buy it at all?

Forget the StarWars franchise then - Lucas Arts made Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Full Throttle, Monkey Island, etc.. !

Reaction score
Yes, the 3rd most profitable franchise of all time is a bad one.

Profitability =/= greatness.

Monkey Island was an awesome game, but they stopped making their own games so meh. I guess if they aren't going to keep making good games, there's not much point in keeping it open. Sentiment shouldn't play a part in business really.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never liked SciFy except Terra Nova, Primeval (Love those 2 shows, Nova more than others) ermm a bit of Doctor Who, and a bit of Torchwood and a few more, but never really space-focused shows.

I know Doctor Who is spacey but I've only liked it since Matt Smith, and its no longer than Nerdy show, its watched by a lot.

But I guess this is a loss for gamers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the real loss is when EA started making crap games,and EA have some EPIC games from the past but now theire all so terrible.MAYBE BF3 is decent,but it really shouldve had a better campaign

Back