Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is the universe a paradox?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still can't help but sometimes argue with myself if the universe, both spatial and temporal, is a self-contradicting paradox... Is it both chronologically and physically infinite, or finite in extent and origin?

If infinite, would it not 'cancel itself out' because an infinitely spatial and temporal universe would yield every and any possible outcome and reality, meaning one where it couldn't and wouldn't exist... or if it in-fact was infinite, would it just 'equalize' and 'work itself out' so-to-speak into existence because ultimately (something) has to exist as (nothing) can not - which brings me to my next matter of discussion.

If finite on the other hand, both spatially and temporally, what exists beyond its chronological and spatial boundaries? Because as previously mentioned, (nothing) can not exist, as-well as the fact that (something) can not come from nothing either, so there had to have always been (something), yet as I previously stated an infinitely temporal and spatial universe would presumably cancel its own existence out, while a finite universe would have physical and chronological boundaries, with (nothing) outside and/or before it.

The observation of the universe's entropy would indicate that it was in-fact a lot more (perhaps perfectly) in-order the farther back you go, as thermodynamic law states that entropy only gets more and more chaotic and disorganized over time, and cannot decrease, only increase. So if finite in extent the universe would have been completely perfect in terms of organization and its ability to perform mechanical work at its origin; however if infinite both through the past as-well as future, the entropy would be perfectly 100% chaotic and disorganized...

I just don't know, and it irks me whenever the subject comes up in my head. Maybe given enough time technology and human knowledge/ingenuity could advance enough to explain it in a non-paradoxical sense, hopefully in my lifetime too :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The current belief is that the universe is actually finite, but you can never get close to the edge, because of the expansion rate of the universe, it's faster than one could travel and it's only speeding up.

meaning that at a point the expansion of the universe will go faster than speed of light, which means that all physical theory about the universe based on Einstein's theory is false ...

Reaction score
meaning that at a point the expansion of the universe will go faster than speed of light, which means that all physical theory about the universe based on Einstein's theory is false ...

It's probably not false, I think our current understanding is just not quite there yet. Maybe the speed of the expansion is determined by a force OUTSIDE of the universe, which is not limited to the speed of light. Who knows. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
an infinitely spatial and temporal universe would yield every and any possible outcome and reality

That doesn't follow.

meaning one where it couldn't and wouldn't exist

That isn't a possible outcome, since the universe can and does exist.

or if it in-fact was infinite, would it just 'equalize' and 'work itself out' so-to-speak into existence because ultimately (something) has to exist as (nothing) can not

This is total gibberish. It doesn't even parse.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i beleve the 5th dimention exists out of particles smaller then the planc lenght so there undetactable by humans and that there is a soul and the brain is a interface to the soul but AI can become smarter or better then the soul since the brain has limited infomration systems
also blackholes desstroy and absorb until its the planc lenght then its slowly but surely spewed out of them together with hawking radiation

Back