Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just got some upsetting news..

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... I just got back from out and about, and when I walked in the door I got a call from my friend Shawn's parents. I could tell by their voice that something was wrong, and after a long awkward silence they told me that earlier he passed away and that his Cancer had got the best of him.. The worse part is, he left behind a Daughter, but when she was born her Mom passed away because the stress from giving birth was too much on her, so now she has no Parents :(

I've known Shawn for a little over 16 years now, he has always been the only person aside from my parents that I can trust, he's the only person that's never lied to me or deceived me in anyway.. I don't have too many friends, but he was one of the good ones that was really reliable and cool to be around. One of the nicest people I've ever met too. I swear if all he had was 10$ to his name and someone asked him for 10$ to buy their dinner, he would give them the money in a heart beat. I had just talked to him about a week ago too, him and I were going to go out on the Town and I was going to give him one Hell of a night as payback for all the times he's helped me, I was gonna buy him strippers, weed, booz, whatever he wanted.. but I'll never get a chance to do that now :(: He was like my brother, basically a part of my family is gone now...

Now I know most of you won't give 2 shits, but I didn't have anyone to tell and since I have a couple good friends on here I thought they might care at least a little.

Last edited:
Resurrected
Reaction score
He sounded like a complete man. Its not everyday you'd find someone who would give eveyerthing they have in order to help another.
Just by your description of him, I feel a ton of respect.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss my man, if you ever wanna talk about it you know I'm here. It must be very hard for you..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that , things must have been pretty hard for you .. Cheer up .

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, Is the girl gonna stay with her grand parents? that is gonna be hard man.

Reaction score
Very sad to see someone young dead. Some people waste their lives away, but there's people like Shawn as you have said who don't do any bad to those around him nor disrespect them in anyway. I feel for you, after you've known him for roughly 16 years and he's passed away due to an illness. Somebody who is a true fighter, because trying to fight cancer is a battle for your life yet most cancer victims die. It's really sad to hear about this, let's hope he's smoking some weed in heaven for you.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. I really feel sorry for his Parents and Daughter, he pretty much supported them all since his dad is a Disabled Vet and his Mom has Diabetes to the point she's Wheelchair ridden. I really hope if they can't manage to take care of his Daughter that someone else in the family can. I'll adopt her myself before I let her go to some Foster home with the chances of getting raped and abused everyday.

Sorry for your loss, Is the girl gonna stay with her grand parents? that is gonna be hard man.

I think for the time being until their family can sort everything out and figure out what they're going to do.

I hope he rests in peace, may I ask you about your age?

18 turning 19 in about a month

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and R.I.P

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss man....
I wish the best for he's daughter

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thats horrible :( cruel cruel cancer.

R.I.P Shawn.

My condolence's.

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for you loss :(

My old m8 died too couple months ago, but i didn't have contacted him for ages, but still it makes me sad when my old m8 commits suicide...

Well, it was choice and i can't do anything about it, i just hope that i would still thank him from the good times we had...

We was only 17 and he did this :'(

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's sad. Sorry for your loss. RIP.

Back