Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Urban Exploration - Glenburn Sports College

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Kind of a last minute thing but today I travelled to Skelmersdale aka Skem to visit a recently abandoned college next to a police station. After doing some research on 28DL, i found a thread from someone else who said that security were basically assholes and try to prevent you from leaving until the police are on the scene, they also said that it was an amazing place to go to and worth the visit, despite security.

Since the college is a half an hour drive from me i went for a little scan of the place. From what I was told i expected it to be one building. However upon arrival I noticed there was more than one building and they were huge. Parked up on the main road and begun walking to the front. As I got closer i realised that you could literally just walk on the site. No fences or blockages, just wide open for anyone to walk right on there, so I did.

I ended up at the main building which looked like the reception when i noticed from the corner of my eye that dreaded hi-vis jacket; security. Two of them about 50 feet away from me. I knew there was no way out of it so I just waved to them and oddly enough they simply waved back. I started taking pictures of the building waiting for them to walk over and start giving me trouble but when i turned back around to look again they were gone. No sign of them what so ever. So I just carried on walking.

The more area i covered, the more I realised that the buildings were very well boarded up and no access was visible. Clearly done by a good company and not just some lads that got paid 20 quid to do it by the council. I don't agree with damage to property as i have respect for such places (and breaking & entering is an arrestable offence if proven). In the end, i managed to get into two buildings through narrow windows (yes, I'm that desperate) and took a few photos of inside and out. If you're still reading up to this point then 1 cookie for you! There's not much more I can cover other than the reason security walked off is because the site is actually a public footpath from the main road to a bridge so they probably thought I was just passing through. I only realised this when dog walkers were passing through the site.

Tl:dr
Went to an abandoned college, it was weird.

Unphased - Urban Exploration - Glenburn Sports College - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks for reading. I know some of the community enjoy this kind of stuff.

:)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Aw mate nice one, I'd so love to do some urbex. There's a few abandoned railway stations and some old munitions factories in Scotland I'm choking for a rekkie in

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aw mate nice one, I'd so love to do some urbex. There's a few abandoned railway stations and some old munitions factories in Scotland I'm choking for a rekkie in
Could imagine there's loads of good places in Scotland. Only been to one railway which was Victoria Station in Manchester

Let me know when you get the chance to make a day of going somewhere and get some pics.

Sent via Mobile

Back