Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The USA , net neutrality and the FCC.

Reaction score
For those unaware, the US yesterday voted 3-2 to switch how the internet works over there. Whilst all internet usage as it stands is fair and open , under new laws it would restrict internet usage for the sake of $$$. What this means for the end user is that for you to access youtube at the full speed your connection should allow you would be required to pay an additional $$ and same for the websites in question themselves, or else they will get throttled.

MentaL - The USA , net neutrality and the FCC. - RaGEZONE Forums

For our brethen from the states, you should call the or and voice your opinion.

Good luck.

Here is a good example link of a similar system in effect once active:

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The power of that Almighty Dollar. This really sucks. I'm sure anyone won't allow for such garbage. Got a friend on TWC right now, wonder how he'll take it.

Mite I also add, a rival ISP over here has just about the same concept when it comes to having plans bundled with websites to visit. They contacted me about a week or 2 ago about this.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
welp. My 2.8 mb connection is surely going to screw me over like hell.. GG USA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If it succeeds there it wont be long till everywhere else follows suit.
I agree I live in the UK and we all know how much butt kissing David Cameron does with the Americans. I can handle a little torrent site blocking but now this FCC thing with that crazy bastard Tom Wheeler its a recipe for disaster

Last edited:
It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Fair and open" Hah, who said the world was fair? Why should the internet be an exception? People's insatiable entitlement to the internet and what's on it never ceases to amaze me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like the idea either, but on the same token, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if youtube and facebook got throttled. God forbid I can't waste away my life on youtube at extreme speeds.
If this somehow hindered you from doing your daily job. Which I doubt unless you live off youtube adsense. Then what's the real issue?

You're not entitled to high speed internet, if the price goes up, then you can either afford it, or you can't. The world has always been about high tier vs low tier, this is nothing new.
You really don't have much right to complain simply because you can't indulge yourself in youtube, facebook and twitter.

#rant , that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Reaction score
A good write up is here too;

Wait a minute, in your first post I understood that people would have to pay additional fee. But apparently the big companies themselves has to pay like a "high speed tax". Should they fail to pay, their internet will get throttled. That makes more sense, but it's fucked up. Also they would probably measure the payment on the scale of the company.

Back