Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VW - Would you buy another car?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
As everyone knows, Volkswagen recently came in the news with a leak that they cheated with emission tests on some of theyre cars.

According to lawyers, the consumer has been misled.

Would you buy another VW again or do you say it's game-over for VW and if you have a VW, would you claim for a compensation if you currently have a VW?

I liked the small VW cars by how they look but after this I wouldn't be certain if I would buy one ever but on the other hand, I don't think that VW is the only Company that cheats with results.

Any other thoughts?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VW has been on the market for quite long, and I personally do not think that this will be their downfall. Yes, it would affect sales, however their cars are reliable when you think of it, parts are not that expensive, so even if you pay extra taxes for the emissions, I don't think it would affect you that much, if it does, at least you know you have a decent car on which you can rely.
I also have a liking for the small models, like Polo and Golf.

Reaction score
I have a VW Gti but it's not a diesel. I live their cars, I get 32 miles to a gallon and it's custom with aftermarket parts. The car is fast and good gas mileage. VW will still stand strong.

Rogu3
Reaction score
As everyone knows, Volkswagen recently came in the news with a leak that they cheated with emission tests on some of theyre cars.

According to lawyers, the consumer has been misled.

Would you buy another VW again or do you say it's game-over for VW and if you have a VW, would you claim for a compensation if you currently have a VW?

I liked the small VW cars by how they look but after this I wouldn't be certain if I would buy one ever but on the other hand, I don't think that VW is the only Company that cheats with results.

Any other thoughts?
I just think it is part of the marketing system that the world provides for these companies. The amount of companies that have to do recalls on their products cannot be counted on two hands. You're kidding me if you think that a large percentage of those recalls were not purposely put there by the engineers hoping to slip by inspectors.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I just think it is part of the marketing system that the world provides for these companies. The amount of companies that have to do recalls on their products cannot be counted on two hands. You're kidding me if you think that a large percentage of those recalls were not purposely put there by the engineers hoping to slip by inspectors.

Well yea but a recall isn't good for a company as it costs them money, not the consumer.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is implying that I have already bought a VW.

While looking for a new car last year, buying a gold did cross my mind. however, the value for money wasn't great, and I could get a better Astra for the money, so I bought that. Now this situation has come about, I am very apprehensive to even consider VW now.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are only two VW I would ever buy.

The LT35 Transporter because they're beautiful and probably the terminator of all campervans (I'm not a hippie, chill).
Or the MK4 Golf because a V8 Audi S4 engine will slot straight in without any major effort.

Volkswagons are awesome but their more modern cars aren't that great. If you ever wanna get a vw, go oldskool ;)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score

The LT35 Transporter because they're beautiful and probably the terminator of all campervans (I'm not a hippie, chill).
Or the MK4 Golf because a V8 Audi S4 engine will slot straight in without any major effort.

Volkswagons are awesome but their more modern cars aren't that great. If you ever wanna get a vw, go oldskool ;)

That van... Jeezzzzzz xDD

The MK4 Golf looks fine though specially when theyre fully worked out on design & customizations, they can be real beauty's.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That van... Jeezzzzzz xDD

The MK4 Golf looks fine though specially when theyre fully worked out on design & customizations, they can be real beauty's.

From the mk1 - mk4 the golf's designs have been great but after the mk4 is when they started to go downhill.

The 1.9 tdi mk4 are brilliant on fuel. I was using one with a friend and £30 got us exactly 563.5 miles averaging about 70mph. They're also surprisingly comfy to do a long roadtrip in lol.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
From the mk1 - mk4 the golf's designs have been great but after the mk4 is when they started to go downhill.

The 1.9 tdi mk4 are brilliant on fuel. I was using one with a friend and £30 got us exactly 563.5 miles averaging about 70mph. They're also surprisingly comfy to do a long roadtrip in lol.

I wouldn't know, I never drove or been in one :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I want a transporter so badly. Pimp it the duck out. look bad butt.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I want a transporter so badly. Pimp it the duck out. look bad butt.

Yeah but the one I want is possibly the one you'd hate.
Ben - VW - Would you buy another car? - RaGEZONE Forums

I'd make it look like something out of mad max with a huge front brace and poop. Peoplr would see it and poop themselves lmao.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the one I want is possibly the one you'd hate.
Ben - VW - Would you buy another car? - RaGEZONE Forums

it'll be like driving a bus. Nah man, pimp anything out and it'll look badass. I would have to have it black though. Put some alloys on, turn it into a camper van make it super cosy inside

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The news definitely makes me more skeptical of Volkswagons, but under the right circumstances I would still get one (price, need, availability, etc.). I do like how the smaller VW cars look (such as the 2016 VW Golf).

It's interesting that they cheated on their emission tests, it has only been a few years since they got called out by Greenpeace for lobbying politicians against emission targets. They probably aren't the only company doing this, but damn they need to get with the green movement. Hopefully the millions it will cost to recall all the cars gives them a dose of reality.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
The news definitely makes me more skeptical of Volkswagons, but under the right circumstances I would still get one (price, need, availability, etc.). I do like how the smaller VW cars look (such as the 2016 VW Golf).

It's interesting that they cheated on their emission tests, it has only been a few years since they got called out by Greenpeace for lobbying politicians against emission targets. They probably aren't the only company doing this, but damn they need to get with the green movement. Hopefully the millions it will cost to recall all the cars gives them a dose of reality.

Yea and lets not talk about the courts they get against them, theres ppl that will sue them for this for sure, so it might get even more costly for them in the end.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Volkswagen has a name for that ol' infamous German reliability. In a car, I'm interested in fuel efficiency. So as long as I'm getting close to the advertised MPG, I'd still buy a VW.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That classic VW is like a car which you would buy for two purposes either to go bank heist or to kidnap someone.

I'm just using my family's car currently which is an Alterra and a Crosswind depending on which one they'll not be using I'll be the one using it. But I do hope to get one someday and I hope it is one that is a Volkswagen GTI though, I like looking at their car. Looks simple.

Back