Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Wannabe Blogger

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I want to start a blog out of random but beneficial at the same time. And secondly I would like to cover up about the general things about Gaming and Anime.

What I want to know is, which website should I start my blogging? And how do I at least if possible earn a little dime or reputation.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wordpress. you can make one from their site for free with restricted options. (cant have multiple users, themes are limited ect) I use it for my blog currently, and for my website.
Thunda could probably help

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Of course. Well wordpress isn't the only CMS out there as well. We've got Drupal as well as Joomla, being the most used after Woprdpress. If you need help, you can find my skype id in my profile and you can add me.

Reaction score
In the matter of fact Wordpress is a CMS with a wide variety of plugins, but it is not recommended to use their "wordpress.com" service, rather buy yourself a host and install Wordpress yourself, because you can customize it more. Furthermore blogger is a really good platform hosted by Google, and one of it's key features is, it basically needs a nuclear war to go down. 100% uptime, and very, VERY speedy! Though themeing is a bit of a pain (or at least it was last time I used it 4 years ago) but it's not bad at all. You can also add your own domain by the way.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In the matter of fact Wordpress is a CMS with a wide variety of plugins, but it is not recommended to use their "wordpress.com" service, rather buy yourself a host and install Wordpress yourself, because you can customize it more. Furthermore blogger is a really good platform hosted by Google, and one of it's key features is, it basically needs a nuclear war to go down. 100% uptime, and very, VERY speedy! Though themeing is a bit of a pain (or at least it was last time I used it 4 years ago) but it's not bad at all. You can also add your own domain by the way.

I was originally going to start my blog with wordpress.com but I didn't like the very small amount of features you had compared to the full version so I just bit the bullet.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Although you are not looking to build a business website, this could still come in hand when picking a cms.

HeavenlyGifted - A Wannabe Blogger - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Wordpress is great, you can setup your own space for very little cost and learn how to use it pretty easily. Then it's a case of how far do you want to take it? I've been building my blog for a while now using wordpress, when I'm in a better position with cash later in the year I'll be investing some into it along with the time it deserves, just bashing out video content for it atm.

Thunda really knows his poop when it comes to this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Really depends on what you focus as subjects and what you will cover. In your case those subjects being Games and Anime. You could start first with what genre you will cover for both or are you going to write about these subjects in general? Think on these and make sure you know exactly what this blog is going to be about and also make sure you know what is your target audience. Because in the end it all comes to marketing :)
About the dime and the reputation part you were asking, there goes a lot of SEO and SMO optimization which takes time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, I'm not exactly sure how I'll be constructing my blog, since I'm not solely going to focus on the general parts of gaming but only on two branches which is probably going to be anime mmo and mmorpg and as for my second genre which is Anime. I'll be reviewing and recommending.

So overall, my blog would totally be much of a mess. But I hope the Wordpress has the option or the template to separate two categories of my blog.

Anyways as of the incomes and such, I'm not really putting it as mandatory thing. But I was just hoping if possible though, I could get at least a bit.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are tons of premium and free themes out there, it's up to you whether you are gonna use premium one or not. What I would suggest is that you should look for responsive themes. So that the blog could be viewed on mobile devices as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I read everything on my phone. having a blog which is readable on my phone is a brilliant idea.

Also, you can get wordpress app on your phone, and I write a lot of my stuff on my phone too. Sometimes while im at work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm still at the process of thinking for a an appropriate name for my blog and how the contents will be constructed and styled.

Guess I'm starting to become non-casual about this blogging thing.

Back