Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Simple BDO Private Launcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got annoyed at having to use a batch file to start the client so i made a simple launcher and decided to put it up here for you guys to use.

edit: forgot link :glare: here you go
- updated to V4

edit: added source code for those that want it...
- updated to V4

If you are upgrading from the older versions and have already created your accounts you will just need to add a space to the front of your password.

If on the other hand this is the first time you are downloading/using this launcher just put in the correct password (no extra space at the front)

install notes
extract into the main client folder (has bin, bin64 and paz folders)
and thats it run it and fill in details then login
can save login/password by clicking remember me
password is hidden behind dots but is not encrypted
loads the service.ini file each time and creates a new one with server ip/port when you click login

update notes
i will not be updating this as it does not need it - apparently i was wrong! files/links updated.

V2 replaces username with email address to stop users creating accounts that will not have a contactable email address - previous version created an account with username and no email address (not that i needed it to do that since i have access to my LAN server but someone else might need it so here it is)

v3 removes the space from between the login name and password (as it was it was creating passwords with that extra space at the front) special thanks to Lautaro for pointing that out and explaining it to me a second time :thumbup1:

v4 made the email textbox longer for a larger email address if needed and setup comments in source files to help newer programmers learn a little bit about the functions i have created

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Could i get the source please? This is very amazing!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could i get the source please? This is very amazing!

Glad to Also added link to first post

Now fair warning i dont really comment my stuff (i know i should) but this one is only small and you should be able to work out what does what..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice work!

I found two issues that most launchers have. On form1.cs line #87:

Code:
sw.WriteLine("start BlackDesert64.exe" + " " + textBoxUserName.Text + ", " + textBox_Password.Text);

There should be no space at the beginning of the password. By doing that and having the auto-registration enabled in the server, you're basically adding an empty space at the beginning of all passwords.

Secondly, by default Black Desert Online uses the combination of email + password for authentication, not username + password. By using username + password in the launchers and having auto-registration enabled in the server, the accounts are created with no email address. Instead the auto-registration sets the account username where the email address should be.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice work!

Code:
sw.WriteLine("start BlackDesert64.exe" + " " + textBoxUserName.Text + ", " + textBox_Password.Text);

There should be no space at the beginning of the password. By doing that and having the auto-registration enabled in the server, you're basically adding an empty space at the beginning of all passwords.

ok so i started with this one and went and had a look at what your saying. I started my launcher and put in all new details, logged in and created the new account and a character. Then i quit out and logged in using the start64.bat file edited with my new account details and had no problems...

that line of code is writing to a text console and needs the spaces between text and variables otherwise it would end up as one giant line of text and would fail.

eg - start BlackDesert64.exeusername,password

Secondly, by default Black Desert Online uses the combination of email + password for authentication, not username + password. By using username + password in the launchers and having auto-registration enabled in the server, the accounts are created with no email address. Instead the auto-registration sets the account username where the email address should be.

ok after further testing you can use an email as your login name here and it fixes the problem and uses an email in the database, maybe i need to update it to use a email instead of just a textbox and people will use there email to login...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I meant only the blank space before the password, here:
7iImnrM - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Private Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

That space after the comma is adding a blank space at the beginning of all passwords.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I meant only the blank space before the password, here:
7iImnrM - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Private Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

That space after the comma is adding a blank space at the beginning of all passwords.

Oh right well i had another look and created a user with the start64.bat (this time without the space mentioned ie. "start BlackDesert64.exe %account%,%password%") and then used my old launcher (v2) and you were right about that, the password no longer worked. So i created a new one (v3) with this space taken out of the source code and now it works as its meant to, i was just using the format provided in the bat file to create the launch command so yeah if anyone is using the bat file they are adding a space to there passwords too... (i guess someone needs to update the op to tell people to remove the space, although this only matters if you have auto-create on)

ok well i fixed and updated the files... thanks

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the Server input and just have it read the .ini?

I tried to remove it, but it wont compile.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried it, but when I hit "Login" nothing happens. I know it's in the correct directory because it detects the bin64 folder and starts up ok. The game client also starts up fine when I use the Start64.bat file.

Unfortunately my maim machine isn't very beefy, so I want to run the game and server on separate PCs, but if I put the server IP in service.ini I get the dreaded file corrupted error. I had hoped this app would let me bypass the issue but not sure why it isn't working.

Any ideas what might cause it to fail silently on submit?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried it, but when I hit "Login" nothing happens. I know it's in the correct directory because it detects the bin64 folder and starts up ok. The game client also starts up fine when I use the Start64.bat file.

Unfortunately my maim machine isn't very beefy, so I want to run the game and server on separate PCs, but if I put the server IP in service.ini I get the dreaded file corrupted error. I had hoped this app would let me bypass the issue but not sure why it isn't working.

Any ideas what might cause it to fail silently on submit?

this 'app' is just a replacement launcher for the start64.bat and has nothing to do with the client (it works with multiple versions of the clients)

so if i understand correctly you can get it to work when server/client are on the same machine but when you try to use a separate server/client machine you get a corrupted file error? maybe you just have not set the server configs correctly? idk. have you tried my server config app? maybe your just getting one setting wrong r soemthing? if that dont help im not sure what you can do... maybe try to find a different xc folder?

anyways heres a link to my simple server config post - http://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-simple-bdo-server-config-1149974/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This ended up being a big help. I kept trying different xc files acquired from various places until one got the client to start, and using your tool helped me get the server config to work with nonlocal connections.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it should be working as normal if you can press the login button, (there is error control that stops you if the launcher is in the wrong folder) does the game launch with the start64.bat?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How did you make it work? Can you bypass xigncode after replacing XC? Will you be kicked off the line?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How did you make it work? Can you bypass xigncode after replacing XC? Will you be kicked off the line?

Sorry friend this is just a launcher for the already cracked client. All this does is pass your username/pass to the executable and also sets up the server of your choice by ip/port. Nothing as fancy as replacing XC or bypassing xigncode, i think that's all done by the client.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nice work!

Code:

Here's a tip for you guys that want to do this in a clearer way using string interpolation (C# 6.0 or later):

Where you have :
Code:
sw.WriteLine("start BlackDesert64.exe" + " " + textBoxUserName.Text + "," + textBox_Password.Text);

you can use string interpolation to make it a little more readable :

Code:
sw.WriteLine($"start BlackDesert64.exe {textBoxUserName.Text},{textBox_Password.Text}");

None of that messy concatenation. You get a better idea exactly where spaces/punctuation/etc and the data you are putting out are.

Back