Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Simple BDO Private Launcher

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello !
Pretty new in reading source files. How can I change the background image and top window color in VS 17 ?
Thanks !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello !
Pretty new in reading source files. How can I change the background image and top window color in VS 17 ?
Thanks !

select the picture box in the designer view and click the little arrow in the top left of the picture box, then click "choose image..." then you can import any picture.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello !

Would it be possible to make a quick edit to your launcher, so that he can read an account name that is not an email adress ?
Thank you !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello !

Would it be possible to make a quick edit to your launcher, so that he can read an account name that is not an email adress ?
Thank you !

Yes you can do that, open the source code and in the file Form1.cs look for this line

CheckIsEmail();

now simply comment it out like

//CheckIsEmail();

compile and you should be good to go
now the launcher wont check if the user name is an email

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you !
I'll see that, I tried to compile the source already but it throws error messages when opening the project and when trying to compile it.
I'll try again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you !
I'll see that, I tried to compile the source already but it throws error messages when opening the project and when trying to compile it.
I'll try again.
I am having the same problem, you fixed it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so here is the newest version of the launcher (now includes a checkbox for whether your username has to be an email or not (default true))

once someone checks it still works as intended (i don't have a working server setup right now) i will update the OP and upload the source for this version

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello my friend. It is possible to check mail and password before I enter the game. It would be great if you could do this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this launcher does not check if a mail and password exist on the server. Need to do so - If the user does not exist or he is not registered he will not be able to enter the game. It would be great if you could do this.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how does your launcher bypass bcrypt encryption technology. server database encrypts passwords with bcrypt cipher

Reaction score
Uh, I dont?
If you read carefully, I specifically said: "I used Lautaru's CMS' API" to check the account.
Actually I do it in 2 ways.
1. Is using API
2. Is using HTTPWebRequest
In this way, I dont have to bother establishing connections to database and no database related stuff is stored in the launcher making it more secure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uh, I dont?
If you read carefully, I specifically said: "I used Lautaru's CMS' API" to check the account.
Actually I do it in 2 ways.
1. Is using API
2. Is using HTTPWebRequest
In this way, I dont have to bother establishing connections to database and no database related stuff is stored in the launcher making it more secure.

so if we use lautaro cms, desertcore it will be more secure?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Really simple, but I guess thats fine. Really slow on connection and download. The download process is really messy. Can be much faster with better coding, but thank You for sharing!

Back