Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i have been busy learning some more C# so i thought i might have a go at making a program that can edit your server settings and experience rates for you!

Basic idea is you extract the 'SimpleBDOServerConfig.exe' to your servers root dir - the folder with the files database.bat, loginserver.bat and gameserver.bat and run the exe.

Here is the download -
What it looks like -

There are 2 buttons to click - 'Server and Network Settings' and 'Server Experience and Enchantment Rates' when you click either button it opens a form and populates the fields with your servers current settings.

Change these settings as needed and click 'save and close' it will then edit the files for you making setup for a LAN server even easier

The files this program edits are rates.properties, server.properties, and both network.properties, I am not sure of what each of the settings in these files does but i included all of them to be safe.

This is not my first program but i am still learning so if you come across any problems please drop a message here and i will see if i can fix it.

Thanks guys! :thumbup1:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The Jakal - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config - RaGEZONE Forums

very good friend :w00t:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i have time I can add more features to this if someone wants to point me to the relevant variables in the files that most users would need.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've noticed something odd, and although this tool has worked for me in the past, I'm unclear on how.

To explain, the network.properties file in gameserver and loginserver has values for the host/port of the gameserver. In the config files from the repack, the network.port value for loginserver/bin/configs/network.properties is 8888, and the one from gameserver/bin/configs/network.properties is 8889.

This config tool writes both of these to the same host/port value. This means that when gameserver starts up and tries to bind to that port, it can't because it's already in use. The loginserver already bound that address/port, so the gameserver displays the java stack trace after it finishing loading ai scripts.

If I change the gameserver's network.properties to be 8889 (same value it has from a fresh download), I can start it up without error. The weird thing is, I'm 99% sure I have had it work for me before after running the config tool. I feel like the host/port conflict wasn't always happening.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It looks like you have it in the wrong place, what you want is to put it in the folder with the database, gameserver and loginserver folders in it (usually has 3 .bat files for each folder to get the whole server going) going by that picture it looks like you just have to move the exe two folders up. Then it can find the config files it needs to edit

I've noticed something odd, and although this tool has worked for me in the past, I'm unclear on how.

To explain, the network.properties file in gameserver and loginserver has values for the host/port of the gameserver. In the config files from the repack, the network.port value for loginserver/bin/configs/network.properties is 8888, and the one from gameserver/bin/configs/network.properties is 8889.

This config tool writes both of these to the same host/port value. This means that when gameserver starts up and tries to bind to that port, it can't because it's already in use. The loginserver already bound that address/port, so the gameserver displays the java stack trace after it finishing loading ai scripts.

If I change the gameserver's network.properties to be 8889 (same value it has from a fresh download), I can start it up without error. The weird thing is, I'm 99% sure I have had it work for me before after running the config tool. I feel like the host/port conflict wasn't always happening.

ok sorry i missed this comment earlier, i think i may have read it late one night and got confused (or at least that's what i vaguely remember as i was quite drunk at the time :D ) but congratulations you have found a bug and i will have to rectify it when i can, but i am currently doing studies at this time so i will try to fix when i can. It seems so obvious now that i can see it, well i will set to task and create a v2 that will fix this.

I will now take suggestions for features to include in v2 and i will see what i can do

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your release! I've tried your tool and liked it very much. Glad to hear that you're aiming to fix the bug. I encountered it as well, but no matter. :):
As for a feature request: maybe it'd be a nice idea to implement a channel configuration option for the login server? It's an XML file, so it might be a bit harder to program, but also a nice challenge for you. The location of this file is: loginserver\bin\data\static_data\xml\gameserversData.xml and the variables generally speak for itself in this XML file I guess. :wink: If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is great! Do you have any plans to update this wonderful app with the other configuration options? There's so many and this tool is sleek and easy on the eyes. If it's something you're done working on, would you mind posting the source so that we might be able to add in those features ourselves?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is great! Do you have any plans to update this wonderful app with the other configuration options? There's so many and this tool is sleek and easy on the eyes. If it's something you're done working on, would you mind posting the source so that we might be able to add in those features ourselves?

I do have plans to fix the port bug and do some more stuff (maybe a slight ui change) when i have time, i have asked before about what other config options to add. If you know of any make a list and i will add to my todo list :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok here is an updated version (includes login and game server port/ip) someone check it out and see if it works with your server and i will move it up to the first post after confirmation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The config works great but when I get to the screen in game to select my server, its closed. Any idea how to fix this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The config works great but when I get to the screen in game to select my server, its closed. Any idea how to fix this?

ok so i was also getting that error... this is why i did the test to make sure it wasn't just my server that was having a problem. I must have broke something while i was fixing this, so i will go back and see if i can find the problem and fix it. Here i go again...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok so i was also getting that error... this is why i did the test to make sure it wasn't just my server that was having a problem. I must have broke something while i was fixing this, so i will go back and see if i can find the problem and fix it. Here i go again...

If you can run the game locally, can you send me a screenshot of your Config settings?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can run the game locally, can you send me a screenshot of your Config settings?

This is weird, i have even gone back to develspeaks zip file containing the server and extracted it, then without using my config tool set it up and run into the same problem... I don't understand. The only difference i can think of is i am now using version 1809 of windows 10? i even tried to just have it setup locally and it still made no difference.

well im stumped

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BDO Server Config.PNG - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config - RaGEZONE Forums Login Server.PNG - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config - RaGEZONE Forums Database Server.PNG - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config - RaGEZONE Forums

Do these settings look right to you? I want to run the game as a single player game with no connection to the internet.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment 163888View attachment 163890View attachment 163889

Do these settings look right to you? I want to run the game as a single player game with no connection to the internet.

well you have the same port for both login and game server... so that's wrong i use 8888 for login and 8889 for game. but you have not shown the picture for the game server, you are running the game server too right? you need all 3 (database, login server and game server)

also channel id 4? have you setup the xml file? (loginserver\bin\data\static_data\xml\gameserversData.xml) to point to channel 4? (its default is 1) im not sure if thats all you have to do with it i just leave it at its defaults

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was running the gameserver too but I thought it was too long and I couldn't get it all in one picture.
I changed to ID 4 just to see if that changed anything. Getting to the server choice is as far as I've ever gotten even using all default settings.

I've changed everything to default again but the server is still closed. I opened the ports in inbound firewall settings. Do i need to open them for outbound as well?

gameserver.PNG - [RELEASE] Simple BDO Server Config - RaGEZONE Forums

uploaded full gameserver cmd

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok had a problem in the test version where the game/login ip/port was switching between each other (because i was being lazy) but i updated the ui so it now has a section for login server and a 2nd one for game server

I was running the gameserver too but I thought it was too long and I couldn't get it all in one picture.
I changed to ID 4 just to see if that changed anything. Getting to the server choice is as far as I've ever gotten even using all default settings.

I've changed everything to default again but the server is still closed. I opened the ports in inbound firewall settings. Do i need to open them for outbound as well?

uploaded full gameserver cmd

im not sure as im no expert on this so hopefully someone else who does know the answers will be kind enough to help you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok had a problem in the test version where the game/login ip/port was switching between each other (because i was being lazy) but i updated the ui so it now has a section for login server and a 2nd one for game server

im not sure as im no expert on this so hopefully someone else who does know the answers will be kind enough to help you

Ok thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've put the .exe file in the c:\server directory, the one with the 3 .bat files but when i run the executable it says to me that i've put it in the wrong directory... I've 2 discks: c and d. the directory structure is:
c:\server
d:\black desert single
where do i need to put the file? sorry to bother you dudes, but im a real noob...

ps: i've found the file rate.properties... if i edit it with my notepad this will affect the game?

Back