Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some notes:
1) if possible, use protocol "both" or something similar, not only tcp
2) in common case, dmz and port forwarding are mutually exclusive, disable dmz
3) are you sure you set up correct ip adress in configs?
I followed your steps but they are still closed and if I think it is the correct ip

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi i have a problem connect to login server ok and connect to game client say failed to connect ( i use dedicated server and ip server)

Reaction score
hi i have a problem connect to login server ok and connect to game client say failed to connect ( i use dedicated server and ip server)

sounds like a configuration problem, server fully up and running but game wont connect? check the game server server.properties put your dedicated server wan ip there.

Reaction score
check outside your network by going to a port checker online and check your ports, firewall may be blocking your connections and did you port forward? is your service.ini configured with your wan ip?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Odd and frustrating problem. When changing the file service.ini "AUTHENTIC_DOMAIN=" IP's address to ANYTHING OTHER THAN 127.0.0.1 a popup message appears saying "The file is corrupted. If it persists, please run file-recovery from the launcher." when you try to run the ogrefest BDO client.

If you now change the service.ini IP back to 127.0.0.1 the ogrefest BDO Client runs fine BUT of course you cannot connect to a PC with the servers on it eg like IP:192.168.0.16. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Reaction score
i have a different situation where the .bat has to be in the same folder as bin next to the .exe or i will get a corrupt file message.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Now i think its working but now when i select Server, then Subserver i get Server connection lost and in the game server i get UNKNOW PAKCET - PACKET WASNT FOUND

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i have same problem with you, still trying to findout what happen

Do anyone know this server using UDP or TCP port ? or both ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not work online, when client press start game it show " failed to connect "

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] BDO setup local & online

i have same problem with you, still trying to findout what happen

Do anyone know this server using UDP or TCP port ? or both ?
you need to use both TCP and UDP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] BDO setup local & online

i already open these port, for both UDP and TCP but it still not work :( for offline situation it work perfectly, but when i change local IP to my WAN IP and use another PC as client then it said : failed to connect. Server is a VPS, Client is my PC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aznkidd235 It is because some router/modem/all-in-one do not support LAN loopback, mostly comcast/xfinity's modem/router do not support LAN loopback service so you'll have to buy your own router that support loopback service to used the WAN IP.

About gameserver server.property I assume it only support WAN/External IP, hence "external ip here" which work because my friends are able to connect to it, but not me since my router do not support loopback (xfinity's router do not support loopback).

Wouldn't work with local IP even with port forwarding because I think the server.property reads it as external only for online, but for offline like usual.

So I use the xfinity modem/router as well. Is there a way around this to enter the external/wan IP and allow both you and a friend to connect. If anyone has any suggestions other than acquiring a new router, it would be appreciated.

Reaction score
What you can do is on your client use LAN IP and on your friends client WAN and it should work.
in theory that should work i tried it on other games, but it won't work however if the server files wait and redirect only on WAN IP.

if that is the case then only option you have left is to use a tunneling service such as hamachi.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What you can do is on your client use LAN IP and on your friends client WAN and it should work.
in theory that should work i tried it on other games, but it won't work however if the server files wait and redirect only on WAN IP.

if that is the case then only option you have left is to use a tunneling service such as hamachi.

It seems like the server files indeed wait and redirect only on WAN IP. I've tried to use LAN IP for my client, login straight up failed. Tried using 127.0.01, login passed, server connection failed.

Tried using Hamachi, same results; using Hamachi IP for client, login straight up failed. Using 127.0.01, login passed, server connection failed.

Does anyone have a solution? I do not have the technical expertise for this...

================================================================================

P.S.
In response to this issue, I have found that http://forum.ragezone.com/f1001/running-server-static-ip-1143217/ worked for me. All credits to NourAyman.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
what game files do i use? official one with newest patch or a private server one like gamerz?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I don't understand why mongod.exe not working. Have you any idea why he don't works ?

edit: Fix now

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First,i would like to thank the community.I love BDO.

Having some problems with mongodb.When i am going to create the table loginserver and gameserver mongodb block my permission.This happens in both compass and robo.I had tried setting me admin or creating credentials when conecting to 27017 localhost..nothing changes.If anyone could help me i can get a lot more details.

edit: okkk,i got it working but it wasnt with mongodb,was with another server written in java from another topic.I am very happy lmao.

Last edited:
Back