Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
6) ... create a .bat with the codes

Code:
BlackDesert64.exe username, password

then connect and play.

Sorry for bothering you with dumb questions, but i think i'm missing something with this step.
Game works perfectly, but whatever i'm using a LAN, Hamachi, or WAN, every local or online client log in the same account, causing the obvious disconnection of the one who was playng.
Can you kindly give me some detailed explanation about how to make people log with their own account?

EDIT
Nvm, i fixed it using 3T... Solved

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a 2nd computer and i want to get it to join my server. how exactly do i set that up?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a 2nd computer and i want to get it to join my server. how exactly do i set that up?
You have to use 3T Studio and manage accounts from there, then log in creating a .bat file or a log in program. I'm using dark savannah and works great.

Reaction score

you would have to follow the guide exactly and if the 2nd pc is a friend trying to connect outside your network he/she needs to edit service.ini and use the wan ip at if it's a local pc you can use your lan ip.

if you use your wan ip you might have to port forward and allow the ports through firewall.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
so if i follow exactly this steps i dont need to download an specific client/server or that things? sorry for the question im new to this

edit: i only want to play it locally in my pc, dont plan to do it online

Reaction score
as tomwolf29 said, you will need the correct client which has became hard to obtain due to DMCA claims and people out there who would report such links when ever they can to remove competition or to be trolls. I'm sure there are valid links still available you would just have to view every page of reuploads or download the correct torrents GameZ BD does not work with the server files only Ogre BD previous client version would work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Was a solution ever found for the "The file is corrupted" error when changing the IP in the service.ini?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] BDO setup local & online

Was a solution ever found for the "The file is corrupted" error when changing the IP in the service.ini?

Hello. Same here, only 127.0.0.1 works, otherwise "file is corrupted" :(

hello sir, found the solution on another post. Problem is with XC file.
This is the link for the XC file I used to fix this issue. and install Bin64

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed the instructions but when I run the server it wouldn't connect via my local IP. The server thinks i'm connecting to 127.0.0.1 what am I doing wrong?

I'm using "[RELEASE] BDO Server Files Repack / With Client"

***Fixed it, I read the guide wrong and forgot about the server.properties.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problem that i can`t loging on my own pc(wich i run also the server), and my friend as able to log into the loginserver but when he click on "ent" the create a charecter it says "failed to connect", i have no ideia how to fix this, could anyone help me out?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Running on localhost and Server 1 is CLOSED. How do I fix this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Edit: It seems like Devilspeak repack doesn't need to setup all these things for local access (some hurdles that include xc files and Java editing) and I'm not entirely sure if it's needed for online purposes, so I'm leaving this information below if there are any issues. Good luck.

I had a nasty time figuring this out. Basically robo3t refuses to let me to connect from the first post's instructions regardless of the various mongodb versions. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out the stuff, and I had to create a user in CMD with admin access and then connect to it successfully. I don't remember the exact steps so you might have to tinker with it a little more. I haven't gone any further than this and I'm not continuing the remaining instructions from the first post.

1) Install both mongodb and robo3t.
2) Open CMD.
3) Go into your installed folder (example cd c:\mongodb) and type the below

start mongod --dbpath YOURDATABASEPATH (example c:\mongodb\data)

4) Type this

mongo

5) You should see a > letter upon success.

Type cls

6) Copy this.
use admin
db.createUser(
{
user: "user",
pwd: "123",
roles: [ { role: "userAdminAnyDatabase", db: "admin" } ]
}
)

7) Paste it into the cmd window.
8) It should inform you that you succeeded.
9) Go to your robo3t.
10) Edit your connection settings, go to the Authentication tab, add in the username and password, which is user and 123
11) It worked out for me after that.
12) This particular mongodb version is taken from the devilspeak repack. I have no idea if the newer version will have the same success.

PS: There is supposed to be tabs around the code, so I'm not sure if this website affects it. The code is from the original website of mongodb, so if it doesn't copy right just copy from the original.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys. thx for guide.

Can one help my plz ? i can not connect to my server in local mode.
When i click tp valencia show, cant connect.

kcvsUo5 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Everything works fine.
Thanks for guide!
If anyone need help just ask me, i placed Marketplace stuff as well + more updated BDO files with server sync and etc, im using Team Viewer for help and i will need clean files only.

Server works perfectly on low machine (used second PC for server)
-> Win 10/1903 last build , all spy stuff + spy services offline , firewall offline , dmz activated
-> 8gb ram / no ssd
-> 400 mb/s Ethernet / router onlime
Almost no lags (if not use /pc gmspeed 50 for fight there's no lags at all)

Aznkidd235 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can someone please make a video about this? I don't really understand this tutorial and don't know if i'm doing it right :(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] BDO setup local & online

i try same but i cant login

before you start my MongoDB is installed to the path "C:\MongoDB\mongod.exe" you could install your DB in this path or adjust the code accordingly.

1)
Install MongoDB
2) Navigate to the MongoDB path and create a .bat file or through CMD to run the MongoDB server
Code:
mongod --auth --dbpath "database_save_path"

Aznkidd235 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

3)
Once installed and running you can use 2 GUI applications, Robo 3T Mongo or MongoDB Compass Community to connect, once connected create 2 databases "gameserver" & "loginserver" you do not have to create the tables "collections" like in the image the server files generate them just create gameserver and loginserver.

if you can't view the image scroll down to attachments.

4)
Creating the admin user to create the user admin with password you can execute the following code through Robo MongoDB by right-clicking and select open Shell over gameserver or loginserver or do it by CMD by running CMD through start menu and enter the codes

Code:
c:\mongodb\mongo.exe <-- path of your mongodb folder targeting mongo.exe

once you see the message mongo shell or what not enter this code into the shell window

Code:
use database_name
db.createUser(
  {
    user[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"admin"[/COLOR],
    pwd[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"12345"[/COLOR],
    roles[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [ { role[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"readWrite"[/COLOR], db[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"database_name"[/COLOR] } ]
  }
)

do this for both gameserver and loginserver once this is done for each database you will get a confirmation that the user has been created. Doing this would allow the files to execute data into the database if your getting an error code 13.

5) Configure the files located in the folder "config/" for both gameserver and loginserver
- Under database.propterties i changed anonymous user to false or else i would get unauthorize code execution errors.

files to edit:
loginserver/configs/network.properties & gameserver/configs/network.properties

Code:
# Rmi connection host.
network.rmi.host = [B]local ip[/B]

# Rmi connection port.
network.rmi.port = 9000

# Rmi connection password.
network.rmi.password = 1234

# Server version supported
# NA-EU: 4635
network.server.version = 4635

# Client support european.
network.encrypt.packets = true

# Host for server binding.
# Default: 0.0.0.0
network.host = [B]local ip[/B]

# Port for server binding.
# Default: 8888
network.port = 8888

# Show debug messages.
# Default: false
network.debug = false

# Packet executing mode.
# DIRECT - The worst. Income packets are directly executed after receiving and decrypting. As packets here implemented terribly, it not only increases latency, but decrease overall performance significant.
# OFFLOAD - Offloads execution to a ThreadPool. Good option with POOLED IOExec mode. Increases throughput but also may increase context switch count.
# Default: OFFLOAD
network.packet.exec.mode = OFFLOAD

# Receive buffer size.
# Default: 32768
network.recv.buffer.size = 32768

# Send buffer size.
# Default: 65536
network.send.buffer.size = 65536

# NetworkThread socket backlog size.
# See: http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/023/2333/2333s2.html
# Default: 50
network.server.socket.backlog = 50

# Client socket options.
# SO_SNDBUF - the size of the socket's send buffer. On most systems this the size of a kernel buffer so be careful! See RFC1323.
# SO_RCVBUF - the size of the socket's receive buffer. On most systems this the size of a kernel buffer so be careful! See RFC1323.
# TCP_NODELAY - The Nagle algorithm. Enabling it increases throughput but also increases latency. See RFC1122.
# Default: SO_SNDBUF(8192);SO_RCVBUF(8192);TCP_NODELAY(true)
network.client.socket.options = SO_SNDBUF(8192);SO_RCVBUF(8192);TCP_NODELAY(true)

# NetworkThread socket options.
# SO_REUSEADDR - if true, prevents socket from usage until all opened sockets are really closed. See RFC793.
# Default: SO_REUSEADDR(true);SO_RCVBUF(4096)
network.server.socket.options = SO_REUSEADDR(false);SO_RCVBUF(4096)

# IO Network thread execution mode.
# POOLED - All IO operations are executed in a special thread IO execution pool
# FIXED - All IO operations execution is spread across fixed number of treads
# Default: POOLED
network.io.execution.mode = POOLED

# Number of IO Network threads.
# Default: -1 (Processor count)
network.io.execution.thread.num = -1

# Income packet header size.
# Default: 3
network.income.packet.header.size = 3

# Max income packet size.
# Default: 16384
network.max.income.packet.size = 16384

# Outcome packet header size.
# Default: 3
network.outcome.packet.header.size = 3

# Max outcome packet size.
# Default: 16384
network.max.outcome.packet.size = 16384

gameserver/configs/server.properties
Code:
# Server id.
server.id = 1

# Server short name (Must be in UPPER case.)
server.short.name = EU

# Channel id.
server.channel.id = 1

# External server IP for client connections
server.ip = [B]local ip or wan ip[/B]

# Game server service type.
# Options: DEV, KOR_REAL, NA_REAL, RUS_REAL, JPN_REAL
server.game.service.type = NA_REAL

# Game server resource type.
# Options: DEV, KR, EN, JP, CN, RU, FR, DE, ES
server.game.resource.type = EN

# Enable PC Cafe bonuses for players.
server.enable_pc_cafe_bonus = false

# Server busy state limit values.
server.busy_state_limit_inspection = 0

server.busy_state_limit_smooth = 100

server.busy_state_limit_busy = 500

server.busy_state_limit_very_crowded = 1500

server.admin_only = false

6) edit service.ini in the client folder and change the ip to your local or wan ip to connect and create a .bat with the codes

Code:
BlackDesert64.exe username, password

then connect and play.

if you plan on making your server online you need to allow all the programs through firewall, port forward your ports if your using a router and your wan ip is needed in service.ini files.

Credits:
@thunderspoon - for sharing the files

@Kirito2105 - for solving the last step (launching client)

@OnFleek - for resharing the links when the original topic was deleted
i try same in vps with ip vps and open port but i cant login..
yes i edited service.ini with ip

Back